Just got my 100GB OneDrive space, Verizon S6.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So I just had a notification on my phone that said something to the effect of "Get 100GB storage from Samsung". I clicked on it, and it took me to OneDrive (which I already had installed and use). It asked it I wanted to use Auto Backup, which I click OK to. I now have an extra 100GB space. I have a Verizon S6 32GB. Just an FYI, hope others get the same. I thought we were SOL. :)

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy earlier this morning. I, signed into the one drive app, on their display unit and got my extra 100GB.

Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the app and the first screen that popped up was 'Get 100GB free from Samsung'. All I had to do was sign in. I'm on AT&T.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression if you didn't have the app preloaded (I didn't) then your carrier pulled the offer. That doesn't appear to be true anymore. Although I don't have anything under the OneDrive Settings about "Apply for Samsung offer" (never did), so that might still be the preloaded app?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression if you didn't have the app preloaded (I didn't) then your carrier pulled the offer. That doesn't appear to be true anymore. Although I don't have anything under the OneDrive Settings about "Apply for Samsung offer" (never did), so that might still be the preloaded app?

Mine showed it, though once it processed the 100GB offer from when I signed up the option was taken away. It seems there was an update on the Microsoft side that when you launch OneDrive on a Samsung device it detects that and prompts the 100GB offer. You might just have to sign out, close the app and then reopen it to get that offer prompt or uninstall the app and reinstall.

Edit: Or you might want to check your account settings in the app; they may have retroactively given you the 100GB.

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am on vzw. I had to sign out then delete onedrive. Reinstalled and the offer was there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Evidently something transient, because as of 5:45 EDT, I don't get the offer. Not by closing and resigning in, not by uninstalling and reinstalling, not by creating a new account. 15GB to start, an additional 15GB for syncing pictures.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to turn on auto backup in order to get this offer? I like to pick and choose what I put on the cloud.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I ran my update this morning and got my 100 bonus gbs. Giving me a total of 130gbs. I will probably never use it all but I have it.

Posted via Android Central App

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine as well! Now... Which is better for photo backups, this or G+? I've been using G+, but now I'm not so sure...

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

racefan25

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
same here went into settings and had the samsung offer for a free 100GB of one drive storage for 2 years. I have Verizon so maybe somebody at Samsung heard about AT&T and Verizon not offering onedrive on phone from factory and this was there way to hold true to there offer of 100GB of free one drive storage with purchase of a S6

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I already went the BestBuy route for the 100GB offer but good to know VZW isn't screwing us (or Msft/Samsung won't let them screw us).

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I was pretty surprised to see OneDrive not present on the AT&T variant. I downloaded it myself and got the notification this morning about the free 100GB. Say what you want, but that's a really useful add-on and I'm glad Samsung included it.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So say you save a bunch of stuff on OneDrive what do you do with it after the 2 years are up? That's why I've never liked these limited time offer deals.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So say you save a bunch of stuff on OneDrive what do you do with it after the 2 years are up? That's why I've never liked these limited time offer deals.

Valid question. I'm hoping there will be a similar deal in about 2 years when I'm looking to move on to another phone. :) If not, I'll have to move files to my computer or other service. Either way, I have 2 years to figure it out. Plus, I don't expect I'll be anywhere near the 100GB, but it's still nice to have when there is no SD Card.