beware of the clone Galaxy S6!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This has been going on for a few Samsung generations now. And in the fashion and accessory business for decades. Knockoffs are always cheaper. Cellphone knockoffs just don't sell for that much of a discount, to keep you from thinking that you're buying a knockoff. (A woman buying a $2,000 handbag for $85 knows she's buying a knockoff, but as long as it looks real, no one is going to open it and look for the label. With a $700 cellphone for $500 you think you're getting a bargain, only to find out it's about an S2 inside, with a larger screen.)

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Well to be fair, m9s are already down to 450 on swappa.
The m9 is not selling like hot cakes. Beyond being a clone there are other things to be aware of. Why would someone sell a phone they don't want for a loss when they can just return it? For just released phones I will always ask the seller for a receipt.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how someone can get fooled by a 720p screen, probably not amoled neither.
This is what happens when a buyer does not do his homework and goes shopping for a used phone on craigslist. I recently sold my 6 plus. We met at the mall. The buyer did not even check to see if find my iPhone was on or even put his Sim in it and make a test call. So naive.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This is what happens when a buyer does not do his homework and goes shopping for a used phone on craigslist. I recently sold my 6 plus. We met at the mall. The buyer did not even check to see if find my iPhone was on or even put his Sim in it and make a test call. So naive.

I would do a factory wipe right then in there I front if the person selling the phone.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I would do a factory wipe right then in there I front if the person selling the phone.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
That is exactly what you should do. The reason scammers are successfull is because of people that don't do their homework before buying.