10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Please see my post above with quote from Warpdrive.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

yeah, I read it. runs contradictory to your other statements.

if I say, yeah the G4 S6 M9 are great, get what's best for you. then when somebody says he got an M9 cause he prefers a heavier phone and I say "S6 is better" and shove a spec test in front of his face, it doesn't make my original statement look very genuine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's nowhere near as easy as the S6 in my opinion. :(

Once you adjust to the button placement it's probably very very close. I had a G3 for a while and once I got used to the buttons (maybe took a day or two) I thought the placement was genius.

It seems like the update that started going out to AT&T S6's yesterday has improved battery life. At least for me, I'm seeing much better standby time. Will need more time to come to any solid conclusions about that though.

The G4 looks like a solid device, but I'm not unhappy that I chose the S6.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Once you adjust to the button placement it's probably very very close. I had a G3 for a while and once I got used to the buttons (maybe took a day or two) I thought the placement was genius.

It seems like the update that started going out to AT&T S6's yesterday has improved battery life. At least for me, I'm seeing much better standby time. Will need more time to come to any solid conclusions about that though.

The G4 looks like a solid device, but I'm not unhappy that I chose the S6.

Still too early for me to make a real assessment on it, and my battery life has been better than most on my Edge (AT&T), but this update seems to have improved it even further. The UI as a whole seems a tad more responsive, too. I'm looking forward to what 5.1.1 brings.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Having seen a bunch of shootouts and videos, I'm giving the edge for the camera to the S6. The reasons are:

1) Auto HDR is awesome. Auto HDR can be used it on moving subjects as well as in burst mode with zero ghosting. The G4 does old school HDR blending multiple shots to achieve HDR, meaning the possibility of artifacts if subjects aren't perfectly still. Basically, there's no reason to not activate Auto HDR for general use.

2) Audio quality on videos is night and day. The G4 sounds like an old-timey radio compared to the S6.

There really isn't a lot separating the two cameras otherwise, especially since the S6 will likely have full manual control with 5.1.1, possibly by the time the G4 is released in the US.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the S6 edge and getting the G4.

These two companies are on top of their game, they each have their strength and weaknesses so why argue over it...just get both! LOL

If you tell me I can only pick one and have to flip a coin. I have no problems with it because BOTH are amazing IMO.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the S6 edge and getting the G4.

These two companies are on top of their game, they each have their strength and weaknesses so why argue over it...just get both! LOL

If you tell me I can only pick one and have to flip a coin. I have no problems with it because BOTH are amazing IMO.
Would agree had the G4 had a sealed chassis with or without the card slot, wireless charging, and a fingerprint scanner. Great display and camera though.

bob13bob

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
general, quick charging shortens your batter longevity. I dont' want it on my phones. There is a reason ther are cheapy 3rd party chargers that quick charge your phone, but hte battery oem will not do it bey default. why do you think samsung only lets you do it in limited amounts.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
general, quick charging shortens your batter longevity. I dont' want it on my phones. There is a reason ther are cheapy 3rd party chargers that quick charge your phone, but hte battery oem will not do it bey default. why do you think samsung only lets you do it in limited amounts.

Samsung does not stop anyone from using the Adaptive Fast Charger that's included in the box 100% of the time.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung does not stop anyone from using the Adaptive Fast Charger that's included in the box 100% of the time.

It's debatable at best the degree to which and how quickly fast charging will make a difference especially as often as some upgrade devices even if it is two or three years.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's debatable at best the degree to which and how quickly fast charging will make a difference especially as often as some upgrade devices even if it is two or three years.

I would think that if it was horribly detrimental the OEM's wouldn't put the chargers in the box.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I would think that if it was horribly detrimental the OEM's wouldn't put the chargers in the box.

Horribly...NO...but let's face it...if the battery dies on the S6 Edge or Regular, how many people are going to spend the $$$$ to get it replaced? I bet they will just get a new phone, which Samsung and every other manufacturer wants! They do not make money having you replace the battery...they make money when you buy a new phone.

Now maybe you're thinking that if the battery dies due to Fast Charging then the owner would probably buy from another company? Doubt it....people tend to stay with what they know and like. Yes, those of us who frequent these forums may move on in disgust, but I can assure you that there are literally millions more end users who never look at one of these forums and figure we live in a throw-away society so that's how it goes. They just get a new phone! That's the same reason there will never be the perfect phone! If some company could (would) ever do that you wouldn't need to buy a new one as often which equals less income for them, which equals going out of business with the perfect phone for sale. It's all about the moola $$$$$$!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Horribly...NO...but let's face it...if the battery dies on the S6 Edge or Regular, how many people are going to spend the $$$$ to get it replaced? I bet they will just get a new phone, which Samsung and every other manufacturer wants! They do not make money having you replace the battery...they make money when you buy a new phone.

Now maybe you're thinking that if the battery dies due to Fast Charging then the owner would probably buy from another company? Doubt it....people tend to stay with what they know and like. Yes, those of us who frequent these forums may move on in disgust, but I can assure you that there are literally millions more end users who never look at one of these forums and figure we live in a throw-away society so that's how it goes. They just get a new phone! That's the same reason there will never be the perfect phone! If some company could (would) ever do that you wouldn't need to buy a new one as often which equals less income for them, which equals going out of business with the perfect phone for sale. It's all about the moola $$$$$$!

I think you're underestimating the number of people that take advantage of warranty and repair services.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Phablet sir .. Phablet ;). Haha!

Haha I know. I said tablet though because I'm currently using my Note 3 (similar size as the G4) as my home tablet :)

I actually prefer my Note 3 over my Nexus 7 in most cases, and my daughter gets to use the Nexus 7. Win win.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha I know. I said tablet though because I'm currently using my Note 3 (similar size as the G4) as my home tablet :)

I actually prefer my Note 3 over my Nexus 7 in most cases, and my daughter gets to use the Nexus 7. Win win.

Anything beyond 5.2 inches starts to look klunky unless you have a very large hat size.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
10 reasons the G4 is better than the S6:

1. Obviously it is better.
2. ^^
3. Removable blah blah blah
4. Battery life
5. Leather
6. This is boring
7. I like curved backs
8. Bigger is better
9. Camera
10. Do we know if the display is actually better or not?

#Done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana