10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just returned mine, battery life was second in my list of worst battery life phone, just better than the Moto X 2014, at least I knew that the Moto was because of battery size, the G4 doesn't have that excuse.

Waited 8 days but since the first day and 3 factory resets, was always the same, more than 1 hour, sometimes up to 2 hours after I unplugged it and still at 100% and as soon as it begins to drop it never stopped. Yesterday I was at 75% at 4pm after unplugging it at 5:15am, great, then I just left the office and 5 hours later, by 9pm I was at 20% with just a little more than 3 hours of SoT. Same settings, same apps and syncs as my S6 Edge and at least 1 hour of SoT less.

That and the lag and stutter across all the UI made the experience a meh one, not justifiable to pay $600 for it and leaving my S6 Edge collecting dust.

Could you have gotten a lemon G4?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Could you have gotten a lemon G4?

Everything's possible, but I've seen lemons and they behave differently, this one seem to worked fine on certain conditions but once you get out of those it went downhill all the time, like if it didn't like cell usage, in same conditions my S6 Edge works as expected. Wasn't in the mood of getting another one and redo all my settings for a fourth time just to see if it was better, while I had my S6 Edge that has been my best overall phone of all time collecting dust.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Everything's possible, but I've seen lemons and they behave differently, this one seem to worked fine on certain conditions but once you get out of those it went downhill all the time, like if it didn't like cell usage, in same conditions my S6 Edge works as expected. Wasn't in the mood of getting another one and redo all my settings for a fourth time just to see if it was better, while I had my S6 Edge that has been my best overall phone of all time collecting dust.
Have fun dusting off your GS6E.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I will say .. I am loving the G4. The only complaint I have for the G4 is no quick charge (I have the international model) -- Other than that .. I really can't complain on anything else.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I will say .. I am loving the G4. The only complaint I have for the G4 is no quick charge (I have the international model) -- Other than that .. I really can't complain on anything else.

Why no quick charge? Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 doesn't work with yours?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That's so cool to hear. Could you elaborate a little on what features are better?

Personally, I love both phones. But I've never heard that the G4 has better features than the S6. So what are they?

Posted via the Android Central App
What's it called?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
That's so cool to hear. Could you elaborate a little on what features are better?

Personally, I love both phones. But I've never heard that the G4 has better features than the S6. So what are they?

Posted via the Android Central App

The big one is the Universal Remote function, learning codes, combining functions from several remotes, completely customizing the remote choosing what you want (as I did for my Blu-Ray player. I haven't found this on the s6. The only thing s6 has is Peel Remote I believe.

QuickMemo+_2015-06-27-22-09-28.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why no quick charge? Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 doesn't work with yours?

Yes that's right. It does. That's why I got confused with the post above mine.

I have the International Model so I don't believe it has it (or at least I am not seeing the speeds). As said in Phil's article .. I get the same "quicker" results w/ my QC 2.0 bricks but I do not see the full QC 2.0 speeds I saw on my S6.

As for us, we've been using pre-production models (and software) of the G4. And while, yes, it charges faster thanks to the 1.8A wall wart, we haven't experienced the same sort of Quick Charge speeds we've enjoyed on the likes of the Moto X, Nexus 6, HTC One M8 and M9, Samsung Galaxy S6 and others. Will a software update open things up for us before release? Or in time for the release versions? We'll have to see.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is selling poorly.
HTC is selling poorly.
LG is selling poorly.
Sony is selling poorly.
Motorola is selling poorly.
What's goin on in Android land?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is selling poorly.
HTC is selling poorly.
LG is selling poorly.
Sony is selling poorly.
Motorola is selling poorly.
What's goin on in Android land?
Cheap phones from no name manufacturers... Smartphone have hit a peak, most users don't know what they are buying otherwise Samsung in the first place wouldn't have been so dominant. Now at high end Apple takes most share and Samsung probably next, but at low and mid end there are variety of manufacturers. Samsung is getting squeezed at both ends.