S6 Edge won't come back after battery runs out

rsilencieux

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Just got my new phone, less than a week. Last night I forgot to plug in to charge and the battery died at 2:53 AM... (Still showing on the edge of the screen). Plugged it in for more than 2 hours now it doesn't respond to anything. Hold the power button and so on... Nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got my new phone, less than a week. Last night I forgot to plug in to charge and the battery died at 2:53 AM... (Still showing on the edge of the screen). Plugged it in for more than 2 hours now it doesn't respond to anything. Hold the power button and so on... Nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like its time to go to the store and exchange it. It definitely isn't normal.

Mohamed Alamir

May 3, 2015
Visit site

Posted via the Android Central App

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
When the battery dies on the edge it still shows the time on the edge of the display.?

rsilencieux

May 3, 2015
Visit site
That was the weird part Player22... time and date was showing but no response from the power button and charge wasn't going through it, so I was wondering how come the display was still showing...
... but update for all...
I unplugged the phone and put it aside and eventually time and date stopped showing on the side, am guessing cause there was absolutely 0 juice left and then I plug it back and she is back now.
a good scare and a reminder why I prefer devices that use replaceable batteries and removable media card.

Thanks to all who replied.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
If your phone locks up up again like that you can hold volume down power button and homescreen button at the same time for about 3 or 4 seconds and a little menu will come up giving you the option to restart or turn off your phone or factory reset. If you select restart most of the time it will get you out of a situation like that next time if it ever happens again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia