Why does this happen when I hit the "back" button?

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Frequently when I press the back button, to back out of an application, my screen automatically goes to the Play store to try to get me to buy a game. Why is this happening?

Posted via the Android Central App

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there an ad at the bottom of the screen that you may be inadvertently pressing first before you hit the back button?

No, I have tried to be sure about that bc it is so easy to do that. This happens all the time. I have even started replacing all my apps, with ad free versions if available. Which I shouldn't have to do, but I am so tired of the constant random, trips to the Play store, to try to get me to buy a poker or bingo game.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
No, I have tried to be sure about that bc it is so easy to do that. This happens all the time. I have even started replacing all my apps, with ad free versions if available. Which I shouldn't have to do, but I am so tired of the constant random, trips to the Play store, to try to get me to buy a poker or bingo game.

Hmm, not really sure then. Maybe someone else will know. That was my best guess though lol

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

It sounds like you are experiencing all sorts of issues. Keep after VZW until they give you a working device. Before you leave the store, play with the device for a while. There is also the option of switching carriers such as TMO.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

yep. welcome to the android play store. where seemingly free apps are jam packed with an incredible amount of ads.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

You have an app that is making your phone do this while running in the background. I always say, nothing is free. So if you are not paying for an app, then it is YOU who is for sale.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
You have an app that is making your phone do this while running in the background. I always say, nothing is free. So if you are not paying for an app, then it is YOU who is for sale.

How do I check to see what is running in the background? And crazy thing this morning- I opened Google Chrome this morning and tapped on the bar to type in my desired website and it popped up in auto-fill 2 websites I have NOT visited! One was BBC and the other was eBay, neither which I HAVE typed in before or visited! That has never happened before!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How do I check to see what is running in the background? And crazy thing this morning- I opened Google Chrome this morning and tapped on the bar to type in my desired website and it popped up in auto-fill 2 websites I have NOT visited! One was BBC and the other was eBay, neither which I HAVE typed in before or visited! That has never happened before!

Go to Settings and Applications.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you cannot locate the offending app I might suggest a restore of the phone and carefully reload your apps, paying attention to permissions. Don't install something that looks like it needs more permission than it should, especially if you don't need it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty