How can I get rid of the black spots on my Samsung Galaxy S6 camera?

A

AC Question

Black spots on Samsung Galaxy S6 camera

Hey, I've recently bought a S6 and it's only been three days after purchase. Everything was working great, but today I noticed that the rear camera has a black spot on the right side in the middle. I haven't dropped my phone or made any harm to it, I keep my it in a case and my rear camera isn't scratched or anything.. I've tried resetting the phone but it didn't help. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Mantas Stuk

May 8, 2015
Visit site
The lens isn't damaged nor scratched.. And if I zoom in, the spot disappears to the right side

Attachments

• 20150508_151853.jpg
    20150508_151853.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 73

mrZoSo

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
If you put a white background for your home screen do you see it?
If not, It looks to me like something got on the lens or lens cover on the inside. I would exchange it if that's the case.

Strzelba Stian

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Black spots on Samsung Galaxy S6 camera

Hey, I've recently bought a S6 and it's only been three days after purchase. Everything was working great, but today I noticed that the rear camera has a black spot on the right side in the middle. I haven't dropped my phone or made any harm to it, I keep my it in a case and my rear camera isn't scratched or anything.. I've tried resetting the phone but it didn't help. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I've had the exact same problem recently. Today this morning, I accidentaly dropped my phone on the floor and it fixed the issue. The phone's pretty tough, so no scratches were obtained during this accident. Try at your own risk :D

Keetin

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
This happened to my 7 Day Old Note 5 too. I followed the "drop" solution and luckily, it worked for me. Just make sure your phone has a protective case to avoid scratches.

gilbert von moos

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the question and all the answers. I did have the same problem with the spot on the rear camera of my S6. I did not drop the phone. I tried a softer method. I have my phone in a soft plasic cover so i just hit the underside of the phone several times and carefully on a table. The problem is solved. Thanks to all of you!

kittysback

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Black spots on Samsung Galaxy S6 camera

I had the same thing happen to me. I called Samsung and had to send the phone back. They repaired it and sent it back to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

MaxxKam

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the question and all the answers. I did have the same problem with the spot on the rear camera of my S6. I did not drop the phone. I tried a softer method. I have my phone in a soft plasic cover so i just hit the underside of the phone several times and carefully on a table. The problem is solved. Thanks to all of you!

I did work for me as well... Thanks for sharing your ideas

Tay Tay Ankles

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I did work for me as well... Thanks for sharing your ideas
I thought hitting the phone was a Prank. However, I had the same black spot on my galaxy s7 camera and decided to open the camera app while gently tapping my phone on my desk at work. I did have an otterbox case on to protect the camera from scratches. IT WORKED! Thanks guys.

Mooriah Cowrey

May 2, 2017
Visit site
This thread is very helpful, I just had the same problem with my Xperia X Performance, I was certain that's it's not a scratch but a dust particle. So I covered it with some plastic and knocked hard at it, and it worked, the dust is gone now! Thanks

SaVeach

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Thank you, this forum is amazing. I read your answers and my first thought was that I must have read that wrong, but reread the answers and figured what the he$$ couldn't hurt. I tapped the phone once and the dot moved, tapped it again and it disappeared! Thanks every one!

Ahmed Elsaoudy

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
This is magic !
After few days searching the internet.. trying all possible ideas .. finally I got here and tried this method.. gently tapping my s8 few times on my disc and the spot is gone
Thank you all guys for sharing this helpful idea
I love you all

amers613

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
I was ready to go trade in my phone even though I wanted to keep my phone yet. Nothing else is wrong. And then I found this forum. I cannot believe it worked!! The black dot is gone. Thank You!!!