Citron Green & Black = Hottest Otterbox Commuter Case for the Black S6 ?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's holding up fine. I've only taken the shells off twice.
The silicone does seem a little loose near the power button, it was like that fresh out of the packaging.

Trying to decide if I want to rip out the plastic screen protector from my Defender cases or not. :-\
The screen protectors are much more responsive than past versions.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Pimpin Neon Green Otterbox Commuter with the Pimpin Green Neon TYLT VU wireless car charger, a match made in Heaven. :p

Have I lost my mind, Yes. ;)

tylt01.jpgtylt04.jpgtylt05.jpgtylt06.jpgtylt10.jpg

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Might consider getting one of these. They look like they'd be the ultimate protector, even though they add a fair bit of bulk to the device. The red and black one looks pretty nice.

I typically don't use cases on my phones, but I've noticed a few scratches on the camera module of mine.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I never was a fan of the Otterbox cases, they are hideous.
I prefer my Spigen Tough Armor case with a screen protector :)
Can't blame you as past. Otterbox cases has gone overboard on protection. The latest Defender and Commuter are by far the slimmest design yet, not just because the device itself is thinner. They are simple and practical in design with no ripples and bumps.

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Just had a look at that, looks even better! Well at least it looks more stylish than the Otterbox cases.

Yeah, I don't understand the hype behind the Otterbox cases lol

Can't blame you as past. Otterbox cases has gone overboard on protection. The latest Defender and Commuter are by far the slimmest design yet, not just because the device itself is thinner. They are simple and practical in design with no ripples and bumps.

True, I suppose it's a love/hate relationship.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't understand the hype behind the Otterbox cases lol

True, I suppose it's a love/hate relationship.

The hype has protected my phone as it fell down two flights of concrete stairs with no dings or scratches with full functionality. The Defender has a spongy layer inside the polycarbonate shell forming two layers of protection with the silicone shell making for a third layer. All three layers absorb and dissipate shock so that the deivce isn't damaged internally from a functional perspective and the exterior chassis. Check out my YouTube review on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You must not have a physical job nor have a very physical life. Let's drop my $800 device and shatter the screen or pay $50 and save my phone from damage and keep on going with my life. Yea they look nice without cases on them but how long do they keep looking like they just came out of the box? Mine will in a year if I take my case off.

Trust me, I understand each to their own, but I was just answering your question .

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Now I see that Otterbox had the Scarlet Red silicone layer for the Commuter on their site. Red silicone with the black shell might be hot also? :p

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
No PS, It's on the Otterbox site. They even have the Scarlet Red silicone for the Defender.
Don't know if I need another $20. piece of rubber that I'll never use. :p

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No PS, It's on the Otterbox site. They even have the Scarlet Red silicone for the Defender.
Don't know if I need another $20. piece of rubber that I'll never use. :p
Thought you already had it so we could see pictures. You are the GS6 Case Yoda. What's another $20?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
looks too big and bulky IMO, rather get the active version than that. maybe all black would look slimmer.

i do like the neon, but only as a bumper case. the blue S6 with a neon blue bumper looks cool

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The hype has protected my phone as it fell down two flights of concrete stairs with no dings or scratches with full functionality. The Defender has a spongy layer inside the polycarbonate shell forming two layers of protection with the silicone shell making for a third layer. All three layers absorb and dissipate shock so that the deivce isn't damaged internally from a functional perspective and the exterior chassis. Check out my YouTube review on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006.

I really like your YouTube case reviews ... my son managed to finally crack my Nexus 4 the other day, which was protected by a Spigen case.

My S4 has that Defender though and it looks brand new despite multiple spills. there's a tiny scratch on the top left corner, but that happened when I didn't have it on.