05-18-2015 09:20 AM
78 1234
tools
    They do not show it, but I dont think it would work. 30 feet is quite high!
    Their iPhone 5 can be dropped from 25 feet, however the S6 is heavier... maybe they improved their formula? I'm not sure but for me, 15 feet is more than enough, I live on the first floor of my building hehe They have discount for pre-orders only, and they ship next week, you should try and we can compare our reviews
    I'll stick with the Defender as I have had first hand experience watching a smartphone go bouncing down a flight of concrete stairs. Didn't know a smartphone could round the corner between the two sets of stairs as well as bounce up and hit a wall. Phone was still working and not cracked screen.
    Stitchfame likes this.
    05-13-2015 09:27 PM
    Of course reading everything like you suggested would be impossible but what I did read today made no mention of not using at less than 30%. if you go by that rule then you only use your first 70 percent of your battery and then put it on charge. that makes no sense, what does that give you maybe 2 hours of screen time a day?
    Posted via the Android Central App
    I plugged my phone in at 35% and per gsam I had 3hrs 56min sot with 16.5 hrs off the charger. I'm consistently getting 3.5hr or more without letting run down low maybe that's not the norm. The one time I did let it get into the teens I had 4hrs 42min.

05-13-2015 11:05 PM
    I'll stick with the Defender as I have had first hand experience watching a smartphone go bouncing down a flight of concrete stairs. Didn't know a smartphone could round the corner between the two sets of stairs as well as bounce up and hit a wall. Phone was still working and not cracked screen.
    Well, from a technical point of view, a set of stairs is a lot easier than a free fall drop. The energy on impact is a lot lower, as there are many small impact instead of one big impact, and many bumpers will do that for concrete. The challenge really is the free fall. I have no doubt that the rhino shield will work wonder if my phone (fingers crossed) falls on stairs ^^

I choose for slim and protective instead of bulky and protective :P one week to wait...
    05-13-2015 11:50 PM
    Of course reading everything like you suggested would be impossible but what I did read today made no mention of not using at less than 30%. if you go by that rule then you only use your first 70 percent of your battery and then put it on charge. that makes no sense, what does that give you maybe 2 hours of screen time a day?

http://www.howtogeek.com/169669/debu...s-and-laptops/

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-...ht-w-513217256

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/89...ery-management

Some say not to discharge below 50% and some say 20%....but 30% is an average for optimal battery management. Of coarse is all subjective and of coarse, they don't say don't do it, but they recommend it. If you read just those 3 articles, you'll understand. In fact, they all say to charge as often as you can, usually between 40 and 70%.

Those are a just a few. Google it. There's more.

05-14-2015 08:17 AM
    .....double post dangit......
    05-14-2015 08:19 AM
    Hey,

Here is a video by Rhino Shield that shows that even with no bulk (so you can still see your beautiful phone ) your phone will still be protected from high drops on concrete:

What else do you need? hehe I'm waiting for one end of the month, and i'm so sad that nobody knows about this brand on this forum!!
    Man that case looks ace... So I'm right In thinking it just wraps around the aluminium and weighs down when dropped?
    05-14-2015 08:21 AM
    Man that case looks ace... So I'm right In thinking it just wraps around the aluminium and weighs down when dropped?
    The case only goes around the edges of your device, you can fully see the screen and the back of the device. It also seems to protect the camera according to their costumer service (I havent actually had this treasure in my hands yet). They use egg drop technology andhoneycomb pattern, its pretty well explained on their channel. Their kickstarter project for iphone did huge!! i'm so happy they do it for samsung s6 now. Anyway,otterbox & co need to buy them quickly before they destroy them
    05-14-2015 08:27 AM
    The case only goes around the edges of your device, you can fully see the screen and the back of the device. It also seems to protect the camera according to their costumer service (I havent actually had this treasure in my hands yet). They use egg drop technology andhoneycomb pattern, its pretty well explained on their channel. Their kickstarter project for iphone did huge!! i'm so happy they do it for samsung s6 now. Anyway,otterbox & co need to buy them quickly before they destroy them
    It's a great looking product and impressive. Bulk differs from one person to the next. Whatever works best for you. Those high drops are rare but the back is still glass. This Defender version is by far and away the slimmest.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-14-2015 09:11 AM
    Well, for the back they have screen protectors They take on hammer hits!

Try hammering down your defender hehe

Otterbox is unable to provide a bumper that is able to absorb enough shock because there engineers cant do it, that is why they need a case with the back~ but if the material is good enough, I guess a back cover is only necessary when then impacting on a rock or something sharp (not a plane surface), and in that situation, the screen protectors do an even better job
    05-14-2015 09:20 AM
    Well, for the back they have screen protectors They take on hammer hits!
    [INSTAGRAM]2cEfn8mUJ5[/INSTAGRAM]

Try hammering down your defender hehe

Otterbox is unable to provide a bumper that is able to absorb enough shock because there engineers cant do it, that is why they need a case with the back~ but if the material is good enough, I guess a back cover is only necessary when then impacting on a rock or something sharp (not a plane surface), and in that situation, the screen protectors do an even better job
    I am thinking that Rhino has a patent. Hammer vs actual drop, rather not gamble. I am confident that it will survive including the camera hump on the OEM which no screen protector can mitigate alone. Whatever works for you is great.

05-14-2015 10:27 AM
    I am not sure I follow you. The drops are protected by the bumper. If it is side drop or face/back drop, the bumper will do great. If a glass falls on the phone or my phone drops on the corner of a table or chair, the screen protector will take it head on. In this new age of technology, material formula becomes more important than thickness/bulkiness
    05-14-2015 10:34 AM
    This is just simply not true.

Use the battery how you want and don't be afraid to let it get down to the single digits. It will not harm the battery in any way as you know.
    05-14-2015 03:11 PM
    Use the battery how you want and don't be afraid to let it get down to the single digits. It will not harm the battery in any way as you know.
    Yep.

05-14-2015 03:38 PM
    Yep.

Then you guys might want to take the jobs of the people who test them. Being as you think your right and all.....not saying they are 100% accurate but they know allot more than you. Period.

05-14-2015 04:12 PM
    I used to let my phone battery drop to 10% or less during its first year, the battery became so short so quick. Same for my macbook. bought a new macbook since then and my wife's S5 and the battery are holding a lot better (not just small difference) by not letting them drop. I never go to bed without plugging my laptop. And after 6 months my battery is still able to go the distance. I will tend to believe li-on batteries should not go under 50%, its better.
    05-14-2015 10:15 PM
    I used to let my phone battery drop to 10% or less during its first year, the battery became so short so quick. Same for my macbook. bought a new macbook since then and my wife's S5 and the battery are holding a lot better (not just small difference) by not letting them drop. I never go to bed without plugging my laptop. And after 6 months my battery is still able to go the distance. I will tend to believe li-on batteries should not go under 50%, its better.
    I agree!!!

05-16-2015 04:34 PM
    I agree!!!

+1 agree.

05-16-2015 04:37 PM
    All you guys are worrying way to much about the battery. All my phones I ever had . Some for 2 years and others for 1. And 85% of the time I use my phones till they get to 5% and power saving kicks in and I can barely see the screen then I plug it in. Or whenever I'm done using it for the day or wich ever comes first. And it's usually when it gets to 5% comes first. And I never had a battery that was degrading or not lasting as long as it did when it was new. At least not enough to notice a real difference anyway.
    And when I plugged them in at night they stayed plugged in all night every night until i woke up for work the next day.

Maybe I just got lucky and got good batteries in my phones.
    05-16-2015 05:48 PM
    All you guys are worrying way to much about the battery. All my phones I ever had . Some for 2 years and others for 1. And 85% of the time I use my phones till they get to 5% and power saving kicks in and I can barely see the screen then I plug it in. Or whenever I'm done using it for the day or wich ever comes first. And it's usually when it gets to 5% comes first. And I never had a battery that was degrading or not lasting as long as it did when it was new. At least not enough to notice a real difference anyway.
    And when I plugged them in at night they stayed plugged in all night every night until i woke up for work the next day.

Your not lucky, you are realistic. I run them down everyday and have never had an issue. People treat these disposable phones like they are going to be around for years.

05-16-2015 06:23 PM
    Your not lucky, you are realistic. I run them down everyday and have never had an issue. People treat these disposable phones like they are going to be around for years.

You know what bud? Not all of us treat or use our phones as throwaways. Some of us have to keep them for years and make them last. If you can't understand that then that's being unrealistic.

05-16-2015 06:32 PM

I've had phone batteries last and others degrade. It's really the luck of the draw. But what is wrong being careful? Nothing.

05-16-2015 06:35 PM
    I've had phone batteries last and others degrade. It's really the luck of the draw. But what is wrong being careful? Nothing.

Your right there's nothing wrong with being carefull.
    05-16-2015 06:36 PM
    You know what bud? Not all of us treat or use our phones as throwaways. Some of us have to keep them for years and make them last. If you can't understand that then that's being unrealistic. Get a clue.

Settle down. Listen to yourself. You said that running it below 30% is bad. Now do you for a second think that people in the real world are shutting down at 30%??? You are actually the bud if you believe that. I don't think you do believe it but you said it so now you are sticking to it. Remember now, you said that its bad for the battery to run lower than 30%.....I even laugh typing that.

05-16-2015 06:37 PM

Exactly. Nothing at all wrong with being careful.
    05-16-2015 06:39 PM
    Settle down. Listen to yourself. You said that running it below 30% is bad. Now do you for a second think that people in the real world are shutting down at 30%??? You are actually the bud if you believe that. I don't think you do believe it but you said it so now you are sticking to it. Remember now, you said that its bad for the battery to run lower than 30%.....I even laugh typing that.

You tell me to settle down with a post like this? Hahaha. You kill me!

Of coarse I expect people in the real world to.... Well.....do Nothing. And I don't care what you, or anyone else does with their phones. And yes, I try to keep my phone from draining less than 30%. Get it? Got it? Good.

I take what I read with a grain of salt. If it works for me, I implement it. If not I move on. If it works on an ongoing basis, I tell others but it's up to them whether they listen and take heed. If not, no skin off my back.

05-16-2015 06:45 PM
78 1234