Standby Idle Drain per hour

DXZ

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I just got an S6 last week. So far I have tried almost all of the tweaks possible and still I find the idle drain a little too high for me.
I disabled all google bloats except play service, store and gmail. Have fb, messenger, whatsapp. And have done the usual wifi search off, VoLTE disable, disable smart network switch etc. Also did a factory reset and cache wipe partition. I don't have high cell standby issue. However my battery drains at ~1.5% to 2% per hour idling with wifi. Just curious if this is the norm.

Also, my estimated battery life seem to show 14 hours at 100% charge. Even with power-saving, the estimate adds another 40minutes or so at most. I've seen some screenshots of people having ~18hours estimate. Is my battery defective?

Much thanks for the response and insight.

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I just got an S6 last week. So far I have tried almost all of the tweaks possible and still I find the idle drain a little too high for me.
I disabled all google bloats except play service, store and gmail. Have fb, messenger, whatsapp. And have done the usual wifi search off, VoLTE disable, disable smart network switch etc. Also did a factory reset and cache wipe partition. I don't have high cell standby issue. However my battery drains at ~1.5% to 2% per hour idling with wifi. Just curious if this is the norm.

Also, my estimated battery life seem to show 14 hours at 100% charge. Even with power-saving, the estimate adds another 40minutes or so at most. I've seen some screenshots of people having ~18hours estimate. Is my battery defective?

1.5 - 2% while being idle for an hour is good, as you can easily plug it in and regain that within 3 minutes.
Also, your battery seems to be draining fast because your Wi-Fi is still on, so you'll get notifications etc which will cause your battery to drain.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

My battery drain in a night sleep of 6-7 hours is about 4-5%, syncing all my Apps as normal, and a lot of emails during that period, so yes, it seems a little high.

In this past month that I've had the phone, it has been practically the norm that I get that 4-5% of drain in 6-7 hours of standby night or day, but once or twice in this past month I've noticed a little more than that and when I check the battery stats, there's nothing specific causing this so I've gone to recovery Mode and have done the Wipe Cache Partition and after the reboot everything goes back to normal.