That COVID-19 Battery Life

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I remember back in the old days of my Galaxy S4 and Note 4. Where standby drain was always an issue no matter what I do. Fast forward to 2022, and I'm actually impressed with the standby of the Note 9.

I got the battery replaced Thanksgiving weekend and even with heavy use (like 8 hour SOT per charge) I can pull two days of standby before looking for the plug.

With working from home, being at my computer more often, I'm using my phone less. But for now, I'm enjoying this new life into an old champ.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-112918_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-112918_Device care.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 20

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Back in those days 4G LTE was a huge power hog and caused battery drain connecting to the towers. Lucky to get 48 hours standby, at least on Verizon. Lol

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Standby was always the most important metric for me. I know a lot of folk go for the screen on time, but I feel most phones get fine battery with the screen on, it's when the screen is off that's the issue.

The more standby I have = less charging = less battery cycles = less battery replacements. Important for a person that doesn't upgrade every year. 😅

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I remember back when I first got my Note 9, shortly before the pandemic hit. I used to get amazing battery life. I was getting like 6 hours of SOT. Maybe more sometimes. I think that was the best battery performance I have ever seen in a phone personally.

That being said, sadly a year later, my battery would quickly drain due to an app that T-Mobile installed that couldn't be removed and would constantly screw with my device/battery life. It was an app that had to do with the Sprint merger.

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
That's so odd, because I have T-Mobile and not sure what app you're talking about. Whatever app I can't uninstall, I just clear the data.

As far as phones I have owned, definitely best battery life on stock.
I had a modified Note 4 back in the day and made a lot of optimizations to get better battery than stock, but it was a pain. I ultimately just ended up buying that behemoth extended battery. Turned the phone into a brick house, but I never had to worry about battery.

I heard the iPhone 13 Pro Max is really good, but I think I'm gonna hold on to this bad boy for at least 2 more years. Maybe the Note will make a comeback by then.

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This was my best recorded screen on time ever. Original post was my best standby time.

Attachments

• 29402.jpg
    29402.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 10

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
That's so odd, because I have T-Mobile and not sure what app you're talking about. Whatever app I can't uninstall, I just clear the data.

It's called Carrier hub. It would also make something run in the background saying something with a pop up like "MCM chats are processing." or something of that degree.

I was not happy because I would still have my Note 9 today if it wasn't for this. Since then, no carrier branded devices for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d