S6 Recent Apps Button Not Working Or Lit

holden190

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So on my S6, the Recent Apps button is no longer working or even lit. When I open several apps, I'm unable to use that button.

I cleared cache, etc. VZW is offering me a new phone, but it's "factory reconditioned" and I'd like to keep this one.

Any ideas?

Thanks

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it does sound like a hardware issue to me, best bet might be to take the replacements even if it is a refurb :( I know that sucks oh and just my opinion...

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It could always be an app causing trouble, that's just a guess hoping for the best case scenario. don't give up hope yet someone here might just come along with the answer you need :)

might be a worthwhile shot to clear your cache in recovery. See if that helps.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
It could always be an app causing trouble, that's just a guess hoping for the best case scenario. don't give up hope yet someone here might just come along with the answer you need :)

might be a worthwhile shot to clear your cache in recovery. See if that helps.

Or factory reset the phone?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Device reset should be a last resort. Like taking a machete to perform delicate surgery.

Try clearing the cache partition.

Turn the device off.
Volume up+home+power
Use volume rocker to select clear cache. Power to accept.
Toggle to reboot. Power to accept.

Please,let us know what happens when it boots up.

holden190

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Device reset should be a last resort. Like taking a machete to perform delicate surgery.

Turn the device off.
Volume up+home+power

Nope, same issue. It has to be the hardware.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

Turn the device off.
Volume up+home+power

These dramatic posts always make me think of something that captain kirk would say......he said that he did an FDR. If an FDR didn't work then clearing the cache wont do a thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdsr

May 22, 2015
Visit site
My samsung s6 does the same. Recent apps soft key has stopped working. Can not access recent apps. Saw elsewhere on the net that Google updates has deleted the function. Don't know what is actually going on. Very frustrating. My phone is only 6 weeks old. Brand new, not refurb.