Android M-Will the GS6 Ever See it?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So what Assassin Droid and you are saying, Android M is evolutionary not revolutionary or innovative.
Google Now on Tap and Photos are pretty innovative. Permission controls and app backups are more evolutionary. iOS and custom Android ROMs have had both for years.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Getting Android M, definitely, end of year, definitely NOT, I would say April/May for AT&T and June/August for Verizon since they are ALWAYS LAST.

Why that late? It's so close to the GS7 launch assuming Samsung launches it then. The GS7 will probably ship with Android M update? 2015 EOY seems plausible, no?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Got my money on MilkyWay, for these reasons.

1. Fits dessert theme
2. Fits Googles advertising core
3. Fits Sci fi , sending androids into space.

dreaming of electric sheep

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think we'll see it on the S6 around April next year. Right around when Samsung would be ready to release the Galaxy S7.

I myself will be looking forward to it in October/November with the new Nexus phone.

1. Fits dessert theme

Milky Way is a brand of chocolate owned by Mars. They'd have to get a deal going with Mars in order to promote it like that.

Unless they don't reference the chocolate at all and refer to our galaxy, but then that breaks away from the dessert themed Android names.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Milky Way is a brand of chocolate owned by Mars. They'd have to get a deal going with Mars in order to promote it like that.

Unless they don't reference the chocolate at all and refer to our galaxy, but then that breaks away from the dessert themed Android names.

Yeh, cut a deal with Mars like they did for Kit Kat. Interesting that Mars owns Mars, M&M's and milky way, all the M's

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well Lollipop started on the S5 end of 2014. It was supposed to be released from AT&T in January, but there were issue and they held it back. I could see it start rolling out EOY.

I'm still wanting Moon Pie for the M :)

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on how Samsung has treated the S3 and S4, the S6 should see M and whatever update follows next year.

Posted via the Android Central App

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

1. Fits dessert theme

While those are very valid points, my money is on "milkshake" because "My milkshake brings all the droids to the yard" is a catchy slogan :p

Oh and hell yes we will be getting Android M!

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait to use the improved Google now (tap and now? Is that what they called it?) And the new doze feature seems really great, it might even make android on par with iPhone in the standby battery drain department

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to use the improved Google now (tap and now? Is that what they called it?) And the new doze feature seems really great, it might even make android on par with iPhone in the standby battery drain department

It's called Now on Tap.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well Lollipop started on the S5 end of 2014. It was supposed to be released from AT&T in January, but there were issue and they held it back. I could see it start rolling out EOY.

I'm still wanting Moon Pie for the M :)
Liking Moon PIe.....was just thinking....what are they going to do with Android Q?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Liking Moon PIe.....was just thinking....what are they going to do with Android Q?

YAY! You are the only one that likes my Moon Pie. I think some don't know what that is. While not as much of a Southern thing as it used to be, it is still more a Southern thing lol

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
YAY! You are the only one that likes my Moon Pie. I think some don't know what that is. While not as much of a Southern thing as it used to be, it is still more a Southern thing lol
Google was just waiting for your suggestion. Thus, just the letter M today.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Google was just waiting for your suggestion. Thus, just the letter M today.

I've been craving a chocolate Moon Pie all day and still am, since a bunch of us have been talking about this lol. Maybe Moon Pie is a bad name, I don't want to gain 200 lbs because of a phone OS and having to type "Moon Pie" every day here lol

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been craving a chocolate Moon Pie all day and still am, since a bunch of us have been talking about this lol. Maybe Moon Pie is a bad name, I don't want to gain 200 lbs because of a phone OS and having to type "Moon Pie" every day here lol

Like chocolate anytime. Banana is pretty good. Strawberry is by far the best and can be found where else, Nashvegas, home of the 2016 Winter Classic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07