Android M-Will the GS6 Ever See it?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand how, with my Verizon Iphone 6, I can get IOS updates really quickly directly from Apple and yet with my wife's Verizon Galaxy S6, we have to wait for a long time until Verizon allows an update.( which is pretty much needed because of the memory issue)

Apple has a lot of leverage and control as they are the only source of Apple devices. With the Android devices, it is less so. Carriers do take a long time but they are making sure that the devices perform well on their networks.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Just something that occurred to me from purely financial point of view, but if you upgrade every single year mostly because of wanting newer OS versions, Android flagships would actually end up costing you more to own than iPhones upgraded every 2 years.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If you don't use the carrier installment plans and use the two year plans, an endangered species, then upgrade will be a great help.

Or if you're like me who hasn't been under any kind of contract / agreement in years (still have unlimited data on Verizon), I use my phones for 2+ years since I buy them full retail or used on eBay. So yeah, software updates mean a lot to me, since I want to get the most out of my 2 year old phone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just something that occurred to me from purely financial point of view, but if you upgrade every single year mostly because of wanting newer OS versions, Android flagships would actually end up costing you more to own than iPhones upgraded every 2 years.
Probably true, but I suspect many one-or-more upgrade per year people would do so regardless of platform.

via Asus Zenfone 2. Android Central Moderator.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I get my phones, new, at a good price and then sell them high. Having 3 people on the plan with basic phones, cross upgrades are simply contract renewals.

My S5 for instance. I bought it for $1 and sold for $300. My Note 3 was free from the carrier and I sold it for $450.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Apple has a lot of leverage and control as they are the only source of Apple devices. With the Android devices, it is less so. Carriers do take a long time but they are making sure that the devices perform well on their networks.

This is one of the things I love about Apple and why I'm glad I got to keep my iPhone six plus. I get the updates at the exact same time even though I'm in Australia. It's a HUGE deal

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the things I love about Apple and why I'm glad I got to keep my iPhone six plus. I get the updates at the exact same time even though I'm in Australia. It's a HUGE deal

Then you need to switch to a Nexus device or other Google device.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87