BioFanatic's Weekly App Review: Tapet - HD Material Wallpapers

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Each week (or whenever I get time), I’ll attempt to highlight an app that is new to me, even if it’s not actually new. I’ll try to pick apps that are not commonly known and aren’t heavily covered on tech sites.

TapetIcon.pngTapet – HD Material Wallpapers
By SharpRegion

Description:
This app allows you to create Material design wallpapers with ease. It mixes random patterns and random colour palettes to create very original wallpapers in very high resolution, which is quite important on today's HD/QHD phones. For example, the default resolution when installed on my S6 is 1440x2560 (portrait); there’s no concern about seeing pixels here.

This app could not be easier to use. You’ll get a tutorial when you open the app and you’ll be presented with a random pattern paired with a random colour palette. If you don’t like the pattern or colours, simply swipe up and you’ll get a new combo. Like the colours, but not the pattern? Swipe left to maintain those colours on a new pattern. Like the pattern, but not the colours? Swipe right. Did you skip past one that you liked? Swipe down to see previous combinations.

When you find a pattern/colour combination that you like, simply click the big middle icon and it applies the wallpaper. What I prefer to do is click the save button at the top right and save it to my phone. That way, I can save a few and pick my favourite later.
Not only does this let you find that perfect wallpaper in a hurry, but it also has the ability to take over your wallpaper and generate new wallpapers at a preset time interval!

There is other functionality built in, like picking which patterns or colours you like the most, so they show up more, for example. You can unlock “Pro,” for more (below in IAPs), but you’ll be absolutely satisfied with what you get in the FREE app.

Screenshots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayWnQInnus

tapetscreen.png

Price, IAPs and Value:
FREE, with “Pro” version available IAP. The Pro app (which I’m certainly considering) is listed in app as $3.68 CAD, so I imagine that would be $2.99-$3.50 USD. It appears to unlock even more patterns (some may cost extra, I believe) and gives you even more granular controls over your colour preferences.

Permissions:
Nothing intrusive, only needs access to save your photos, control wallpaper and allow IAPs (if you so chose).

Find it on Google Play: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.sharpregion.tapet&hl=en&token=gUwO26FH

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that everything is 100% accurate, but it certainly is to my knowledge at the time of writing.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Each week (or whenever I get time), I’ll attempt to highlight an app that is new to me, even if it’s not actually new. I’ll try to pick apps that are not commonly known and aren’t heavily covered on tech sites.

View attachment 178900Tapet – HD Material Wallpapers
By SharpRegion

Description:
This app allows you to create Material design wallpapers with ease. It mixes random patterns and random colour palettes to create very original wallpapers in very high resolution, which is quite important on today's HD/QHD phones. For example, the default resolution when installed on my S6 is 1440x2560 (portrait); there’s no concern about seeing pixels here.

This app could not be easier to use. You’ll get a tutorial when you open the app and you’ll be presented with a random pattern paired with a random colour palette. If you don’t like the pattern or colours, simply swipe up and you’ll get a new combo. Like the colours, but not the pattern? Swipe left to maintain those colours on a new pattern. Like the pattern, but not the colours? Swipe right. Did you skip past one that you liked? Swipe down to see previous combinations.

When you find a pattern/colour combination that you like, simply click the big middle icon and it applies the wallpaper. What I prefer to do is click the save button at the top right and save it to my phone. That way, I can save a few and pick my favourite later.
Not only does this let you find that perfect wallpaper in a hurry, but it also has the ability to take over your wallpaper and generate new wallpapers at a preset time interval!

There is other functionality built in, like picking which patterns or colours you like the most, so they show up more, for example. You can unlock “Pro,” for more (below in IAPs), but you’ll be absolutely satisfied with what you get in the FREE app.

Screenshots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayWnQInnus

View attachment 178902

Price, IAPs and Value:
FREE, with “Pro” version available IAP. The Pro app (which I’m certainly considering) is listed in app as $3.68 CAD, so I imagine that would be $2.99-$2.50 USD. It appears to unlock even more patterns (some may cost extra, I believe) and gives you even more granular controls over your colour preferences.

Permissions:
Nothing intrusive, only needs access to save your photos, control wallpaper and allow IAPs (if you so chose).

Find it on Google Play: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.sharpregion.tapet&hl=en&token=MJJAISkb

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that everything is 100% accurate, but it certainly is to my knowledge at the time of writing.

Pretty cool. At first, I thought it was a live wallpaper app.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm 2.99 poorer. Thanks Biofanatic! That 3 bucks could have gotten me a monster drink. 1.3 gallons of gas. A really cheap hooker. But no. I had to have this......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress