Has anyone heard of this security flaw? Article attached.

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I figured. I don't have much confidence in this particular news outlet. It went by on my Facebook feed so I was curious. It would figure they are sensationalizing nothing.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It IS something to be concerned about. Samsung has announced a fix to be done within days and will be done with a security update so it doesn't wait for a carrier update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Why is it nothing to worry about?

Didn't you read the article here on AC? Have to be on an unsecured access point and the intruder just so happens to catch you right at that moment. You have a better chance of hitting the lotto twice.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It IS something to be concerned about. Samsung has announced a fix to be done within days and will be done with a security update so it doesn't wait for a carrier update.

No it's not. They are putting out a fix because well, they have to.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Amazing misinformation being put out in this thread. now secure cyber security organization who discovered this have rated this 8.3 out of 10 in terms of seriousness. They have also stated that this may also be triggered on a network and not just on WiFi.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Amazing misinformation being put out in this thread. now secure cyber security organization who discovered this have rated this 8.3 out of 10 in terms of seriousness. They have also stated that this may also be triggered on a network and not just on WiFi.

Really? 8.3 out of 10? Yup. But only if they catch you right at that moment. Chances are, slim or nill at best. And the term "may also" does not constitute definite. Did you read the AC article?? I'm sure they got it from the same source. Besides read cnets report as well. They iterate the same thing I said.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not really that concerned. Don't use your device on an unsecured network if it bothers you and do be aware of your environment. Samsung is just doing the responsible and prudent thing in releasing a security patch.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Not really that concerned. Don't use your device on an unsecured network if it bothers you and do be aware of your environment. Samsung is just doing the responsible and prudent thing in releasing a security patch.

Yup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress