What is the difference between force stop and disable on the S6?

A

AC Question

What is the difference between force stop and disable on the s6

And can you still use the app by simply tapping it during force stop?

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is the difference between force stop and disable on the s6

If you disable an app it completely shuts that app off. This means that you can't use that app anymore and it won't appear in your app drawer so the only way to use is it to enable it again.

Force stop, on the other hand, just stops the app from running. You will still have access to the app drawer and you can still use the app whenever you want. Something to note is that some system apps will automatically restart even if you force stop them.

Posted with my shiny s6

MarLa Salagantin

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Hi there is it okay to force stop an app like Google play music I hate it because its always an active application..I hope you can help thanks !!!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Hi there is it okay to force stop an app like Google play music I hate it because its always an active application..I hope you can help thanks !!!
If you never use it, disable it. If you do use it, leave it alone. It just kinda sits there, waiting to be called into use. If you force stop it, it will just start up again anyway.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

MarLa Salagantin

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

If you never use it, disable it. If you do use it, leave it alone. It just kinda sits there, waiting to be called into use. If you force stop it, it will just start up again anyway.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

yes I never use it coz its bother me I prefer the other music player..is it okay to disable coz I did once and I won't back again.. but Im just curious if I did disable what would be happen is it harm when I disable it ?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

It won't hurt anything to disable Google Play Music. It might give you a scary sounding warning that disabling it may cause other problems. But don't worry, just ignore that and disable it anyway.

You can re-enable it anytime, no problem.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

KattP

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
Loved reading all the questions & replies! Still learning about my Android & these bold, crazy apps! This has been VERY helpful!!

I DO have one question: Some, well actually MOST apps ask permission to access my "stuff", when I can't see WHY they'd need them...ex: the flashlight app wants permission to "access & manage my photos & phone calls"! I'm not kidding. Others try the same....I'd just like know WHY? Thanks!, (hope I didn't post this '?' In the wrong area....I'm green to managing the "how's" & "what for's"!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo