text notification icon - can it be changed?

sly_1

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I just purchased my first ever samsung phone the other day and I notice the text message notification icon looks 100% identical to the email notification icon. This is extremely annoying to me, can that be changed? I'd prefer to be able to tell those apart when glancing at notifications.

edit: using nova launcher atm but can't seem to find a setting to change this in nova or touchwiz.

Thanks!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
long press on any icon and a little menu comes up and one of the options is to edit.then the icon pops up in a little box with some other options press on that and it will give you an option to change that icon. there is a lot to learn about Nova. tons and tons of options. just explore it will discover all kinds of cool stuff.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
So even on Nova you can't change the notification icon. I have used hangouts and the Google Messenger apps for texts and by changing the default app, the notification icon will change. Give hangouts a try, is not as pretty, but functional.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
long press on any icon and a little menu comes up and one of the options is to edit.then the icon pops up in a little box with some other options press on that and it will give you an option to change that icon. there is a lot to learn about Nova. tons and tons of options. just explore it will discover all kinds of cool stuff.

I think OP means the notication icon which appears on the top left of the screen when a new text comes in. You cannot change those. However, if you get Textra SMS app it gives you the option to change the color of the notification envelope.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I think OP means the notication icon which appears on the top left of the screen when a new text comes in. You cannot change those. However, if you get Textra SMS app it gives you the option to change the color of the notification envelope.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6
That makes more sense. Hard to figured how one could miss the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam