pics in motion BLURRY

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to take a single picture of a subject in motion. My neice's sweet 16 provided countless opportunities for me to get my entire family killing it on the dancefloor and i came away with nothing. Maybe I screwed up asetti gs somehow??? Can someone please advise. Soooooo disappointed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks let me try... Didn't my s3 have something called "image stabilization?" What happsned to that?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks let me try... Didn't my s3 have something called "image stabilization?" What happsned to that?

The S3 likely had software image stabilization. The S6 has hardware image stabilization, which is far better, and can't be toggled on and off. So you still have it, but it's better, and won't have a setting to turn it on and off. Also, if you go to Mode, then select Download, there is a Sports shot mode you can download that might help with moving objects.

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Image stabilisation would only help blur caused by shaking hands holding the camera. It would not help to "freeze" the action of moving subjects.

Sports mode may help guarantee fast shutter speeds.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The darker the scene, the slower the shutter has to be to get the picture. The flash is only effective for about 5 feet, so anything beyond that will be unlit by the flash and if it's normal room lighting, motion like dancing is too fast for the camera to capture.

An app that lets you set speed manually will let you keep it faster than 1/30th of a second, to lessen blur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi