Voice to text window won't go away

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This just started happening about a week ago and is very annoying. I have to reboot to fix it but it just happens again and again. Anyone else seen this and if so, do you know how to fix?

I haven't had any os updates lately and don't recall an app update that would cause this.

Attachments

• 1443401687052.jpg
    1443401687052.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 19

maloyj

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I have been experiencing this for about a week now also. I have tried many things, including a factory reset, but it still comes back. I will let you know if I find something that permanently fixes the issue.

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happening here. Somehow automatic app updates got turned on a couple of days ago when I was trying to figure out a Play Store problem (an error so I can't purchase anything, in other words I can't spend my money there. Nice!). The update for whatever Google app this falls under is apparently what is causing it. I've never had this problem before the update. But I did figure out you don't have to reboot. Just shut the screen off, turn it back on, unlock and it should be gone. Hope someone has a suggestion to fix it!

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Too chicken to try this but if you go into Settings, Applications, then Google Text to Speech Engine and there is an Uninstall Updates button. Thoughts?

But one question, why is it Text to Speech??? Shouldn't it be Speech to Text? Definitely not clicking for now.

MILatino

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. The only way to make it go away is to restart the phone. I read in another thread that if you hold down the HOME key to view all active apps, then turn the phone 90 degrees (portrait to landscape), that you should be able to get to the task manger button. From there, clear RAM several times to get rid of the window that won't go away. I haven't tried it yet as it hasn't happened since my last restart.

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
You are lucky. I have 5.1.1 and it happens. I think thinks a Google problem, as stated above. But it's lucky I don't have to restart mine. It will go away luckily with just powering the screen off and back on. Either way, a pain.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is happening on my boss's S4. Per another thread: Application Manager>Google App>Uninstall Updates. It seems to be working so far (until we find a real solution). Just make sure that you have Auto Update turned off.

MILatino

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Someone on another thread that the specific update that is doing this is the Hang-Outs app. He said he reverted his latest version and the problems stopped. Whenever the phone updates Hang-Outs automatically, the problem returns. He has to manually revert and doesn't know how to stop it from trying to update itself.

I wonder if just uninstalling it altogether will fix the problem.

Alison Arnoff

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I am having this problem on my S5. I took the advice and turned it 90 degrees, hit the task button, closed all tasks, turned it upright and it went away. not an ideal fix but better than the reboot I was doing

z1ny

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It's NOT the Hangouts app. I have uninstalled updates and disabled it and it still happens.

It's easy to troubleshoot that way, if you hear that it's some specific app, there's a 'disable' option to test your theory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89