How do I forget saved WiFi networks when they are out of range on Samsung devices?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still pretty new to Samsung and TouchWiz, so please excuse me if this is a dumb question.

With all of my previous Android devices, I could go into my wifi setting and get to a list of ALL saved networks, even if they are out of range. From there I could tell the device to forget old/random networks that I don't plan to connect to regularly (e.g. coffee shops, doctor's offices, etc). I haven't been able to find that ability on my Galaxy S6.

When I go to wifi settings, I get a list of all networks in range, and I can tap (or long press) and forget those. But I can't find anyway to get to a list of saved networks that are out of range. Can anyone help?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing. I don't have the Manage Networks option on my Sprint Galaxy S6. I just looked at my friends Verizon Galaxy S6, and he does have the Manage Network option.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Karen Mulders

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on my brand new Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 - I can only find the option to restrict the networks from being used in the background by apps and I can find the option to reset all networks - including the ones I do use. Please help!

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I was having the same issue when you are near the wifi you want to forget you have to press and hold the wifi connection on the screen and options will pop up then you click delete. Haven't figured out how to do it without the wifi being connected to it

Posted via the Android Central App

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering this same thing about my s5 neo... Any fixes? I have networks from 4 hours away in here that all never use again, I'd like to clear them if possible...

Posted via the Android Central App

Alan_Peery

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If you are using the mutli-user functionality of the Sumsung tablets, you may need to switch to the primary user for the table to be able to delete WiFi networks. The "forget network" option was missing when I was logged in as the secondary user...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty