Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: My own Galaxy S6 Battery Test

I found a sure-fire way to zap your battery yesterday....
Go on the road for a 10-hour day and while you're out start a 2-hour phone call over bluetooth while you're using the phone as your navigation aid. Screen + Bluetooth + Data + Voice = Hog. Battery meter looked like a cliff with that drop. I've delayed getting a Qi cradle for the car, just because I've done well without anything so far, but it's probably time to pick one up.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: My own Galaxy S6 Battery Test

1) always connected. About 50% on wifi.

2) brightness is always on manual indoors, and mostly on auto if I go outside. About 75% I'm indoors.
Brightness during manual/indoors is normally at 35%.

3) no, I don't use most social networking. Nobody cares that I just ate a chicken empinada just now and nobody cares that I'm about to brush my teeth and shave next.

4) yeah the lists mean almost nothing.
Both of my SoT tests that I've listed have 3 hours of triple A gaming, an hour of YouTube, and a good hour of Web.
Very little talk, but some texting and email.

Posted via the Android Central App

I love that some people still think that's what social networks are really about lol

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
S6 battery draining after 5.1.1 update

hey
i am in grave situation here my S6 battery is draining fast after updating to 5.1.1
i have tried to uninstall third party app,turned on power saving mode and all....but there is no progress it still keeps draining.
is there any solution to that ??
please someone help out...

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: S6 battery draining after 5.1.1 update

When you check your battery stats, what shows up as been the app or service or action that is using most of your battery? Have you tried clearing up the cache partition after the update?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

hey
i am in grave situation here my S6 battery is draining fast after updating to 5.1.1
i have tried to uninstall third party app,turned on power saving mode and all....but there is no progress it still keeps draining.
is there any solution to that ??
please someone help out...

Wipe cache partition

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

tried didn't work....battery dropped from 100 to 93% without being used.

If you have not already, put it in airplane mode and turn off GPS and Bluetooth. If the problem clears, turn on one at a time and see which is causing it. If that doesn't stop it from draining, then you'll need a few tools to help find what is causing it. I use GSAM Battery Monitor, OS Monitor, and System Panel Lite. Using those see if you can spot what is using the battery. If Android System itself is the culprit, then it will be tricky since it encompasses hundreds of services. You could start by disabling things like smart stay, NFC, etc. Failing all of that, then it could be a hardware issue - or maybe needs a Factory Data Reset (complete wipe, data loss, etc). That should be last resort because it may help while it definitely will lead to days of getting everything back the way you want it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

tried didn't work....battery dropped from 100 to 93% without being used.

Sergio posted above asking you a question you have yet to reply to, which would help everyone here in accessing the issue
I suggest you check what he asked and reply if you still have issues

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

When you check your battery stats, what shows up as been the app or service or action that is using most of your battery? Have you tried clearing up the cache partition after the update?

tried didn't work....battery issue still remains....

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

i have already turned off all the options i am not using to avoid additional battery loss like GPS and NFC etc ...isn't it possible there is some problem with this update ?

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

i have already turned off all the options i am not using to avoid additional battery loss like GPS and NFC etc ...isn't it possible there is some problem with this update ?

I don't think is the update because if that would have been so then many more people would be having battery issues. I personally have been getting much better battery life since 5.1.1 latest update. It could probably be carrier specific problem, or possibly the device may not be functioning properly.
If you have any apps like antivirus or apps like clean master any of those apps that say they can improve your devices performance maybe that could be what's causing your battery problem. Try also disabling briefing if you don't use it, ant radio service (I have it disabled and some have reported that it helps battery life after they have done so as well), any google app you don't use, I have S Voice disabled, pretty much any app you don't use you could try to disable it. Also if you don't use the weather widget that comes with the phone you can disable the weather daemon service.

And if nothing changes you might have to fully restore your device as final resource before deciding to take it back and get another device.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

And I can honestly tell you that I just fully charged my phone about 3 hours ago and it had only gone down 7%

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Mine has been about the same as before the update. I am convinced that if you took 100 identical phones of the same carrier, wiped them and loaded any identical update, they would all behave identically - same battery drain, etc. Variables that change that and cause issues are apps that are loaded, settings, and usage (including location and signal). So we get folks on the forums complaining about battery life while others with the same phone, carrier, and Android version have no issues. Sure, a phone can have a hardware issue, but more likely it's apps/settings/usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez