Why does my stock SMS app delay message transmission?

A

AC Question

stock SMS app delays message transmission

My wife has a 16GB Galaxy S6 with basic clamshell case while my son has a 32GB Galaxy S6 which is entirely enclosed in an Otterbox Defender case.

From the same location (the classrooom she teaches in) I can receive a text message from my son BUT NOT my wife. The reception in her classroom is spotty at best. Only when she moves to a location with better reception is her phone able to actually transmit the text messages (sometimes I receive messages from her hours later when she leaves school).

Any idea why one S6 has no issue while the other does? We are all using the stock messaging app.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you hit the nail on the head! The cell reception would have a huge effect on that. Does it just happen in her classroom?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: stock SMS app delays message transmission

Welcome to AC! Have you tried having your son send a message from where your wife would normally be and have your wife send a text from where your son would normally be at within the classroom to see if you get the same results?

Use an app such as this one to see the actual reception strength of the two phones while in the classroom.