Headphone jack problems on new Galaxy s6

68lemans462

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I just switched back to a galaxy from iphone. I like it, but I'm having trouble with the headphone jack in my car or with other external speakers, etc... The jack works fine with the samsung headphones. I'm NOT USING a case. The aux plug I'm using has 2 black rings and FULLY SEATS. When plugged into my car radio with aux jack, or some speakers with an "aux" headphone jack, I will get some static/crackling and the phone will at times not recognize the headphone plug as it does with the headphones. when this happens, sound will only come out the phone speaker, the phone seems "blind" to the cable attached to it. When I connect headphones it says "headset connected" or something like that. With some other cables I dont see "headset connected". I have tried various AUX cables in my vehicles. I returned the first I bought as I thought the phone had faulty hardware. The new phone does the exact same thing. My wife's iphone 6 works perfectly in all of the same devices I'm having problems with. Furthermore, I didnt have any of these problems with my previous iphone 5. Any ideas before I sell this POS and go back to iphone?? This headphone jack issue is a dealbreaker for me... :(

Last edited:

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
no issue here.
make sure you fully insert the audio jack. if the samsung headphones work fine it must be something to do with the other leads you are using
make sure the aux audio lead is a stereo one as mono leads will cause trouble.
the stereo lead has 2 rubber rings and the mono has only 1
also if you have a case on your phone remove it and try without it. some cases do not allow for the headphone jack to go all the way in.

68lemans462

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
No issue here? NOT TRUE.

If I have to use a specific aux cable, can someone let me know WHICH ONE??? I dont use a case on my phone and the headphone jack is FULLY SEATED. The audio cable I'm using was purchased from Amazon (very high ratings) and has two black rings (not 3)....

Anyone else actually know how to deal with this problem??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87