Getting rid of this added security layer

phenam

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello fellow users. When I try to unlock my phone, there is an initial action I have to take even before using the fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone and I don't know how to get rid of it. When I power the screen, there is a lock button in the bottom center that I have to swipe up before it allows me to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the screen. I have uploaded a picture for you guys.

I thought this was a function native to the OS, but my phone carrier tech told me that it isn't and it is likely another app that is adding it in for extra security. I went through all the apps I installed(there are not many of them) and read reviews to see if other users had the same problem but I didn't come across anything. Maybe you guys can help me out.

Attachments

• WIN_20160223_08_56_02_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160223_08_56_02_Pro.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 19

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it's part of the Smart Lock feature. Settings>Security>Advanced... Smart Lock. I still run Kitkat, but I've seen this before.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Also, is that album art I'm seeing on your home screen?

If so, it may be a setting in your music player. PowerAmp, for example, does that I think.

phenam

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much Nahoku. I turned off all of the Smart Lock functions and it disappeared. You have saved me the constant minor irritation of having to deal with the stupid swipe every time I user my phone. I'd buy you a drink...

phenam

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Now that I know what terms to search for, I found other people with the same issue. This addresses it:

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/help/fingerprint-unlock-probem-question-t3078813

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non