Why is my phone downloading files that says ErrorReport?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 running 5.1.1. A few times a day my phone starts downloading files. Sometimes over 300 files at a time. I can't seem to see what app or program is causing it. I have run AVG Antivirus and it says everything is fine. This constant download causes my battery to drain quickly.

evickery

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue on a LG G2 with Cyanogen 13.
I am not an expert, but when I killed Media Storage (com.android.providers.media in App info) that stopped the downloads temporarily every time but i do not know why it is happening or how to stop it.

SitaOni

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Hey there ^.^

I'm having the same issue. My Android phone will randomly start downloading files, so far only up to 20, that all say "Error Report". I'm running Android version 4.4.2 on a Galaxy S-3.

So far, I've shut the phone down and re-started, force-stopped the Download Manager and cleared its data and cashe, and removed the battery after shut-down. The problem persists both on a Wi-Fi connection and 4G.

Any ideas as to a cause or fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I came here looking for an answer for this issue on my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet (wifi only version) running stock 5.0.2. Whenever I turn on the wifi, the notifications show "Downloading Error Report" numerous times until it's finished doing this. I've seen up to around 20 but can't find where whatever is being downloaded is being stored or why it's doing it in the first place. My Note 4 running stock 5.1.1 never does this. Hopefully, someone that actually knows what is going on will chime in here.

BobnWeave

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S6 running 5.1.1. A few times a day my phone starts downloading files. Sometimes over 300 files at a time. I can't seem to see what app or program is causing it. I have run AVG Antivirus and it says everything is fine. This constant download causes my battery to drain quickly.

If you've recently updated or installed Blubox Security Scanner, that appears to be the cause. Just found on XDA...

ErrorReport files downloads

Deplorable Chris

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Hey there ^.^

I'm having the same issue. My Android phone will randomly start downloading files, so far only up to 20, that all say "Error Report". I'm running Android version 4.4.2 on a Galaxy S-3.

So far, I've shut the phone down and re-started, force-stopped the Download Manager and cleared its data and cashe, and removed the battery after shut-down. The problem persists both on a Wi-Fi connection and 4G.

Any ideas as to a cause or fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you ever get an answer? My Android is driving me crazy with the files downloading saying error report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87