Alarm Clock Icon in Status Bar for Marshmallow

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
After my recent upgrade to Marshmallow with my S6, I've noticed an alarm clock icon in the status bar. I haven't set an alarm, so I have no idea why this icon is there. In fact, I've never noticed such an icon when I was running Lollipop.

On my home screen, I'm running a clock widget called "Digital Clock Xperia" which shows an alarm going off at Sunday at 2:30 am, but I have no idea what that might be. I don't see any appointments in my calendar for that day and time. Any way to prevent Marshmallow from displaying the alarm clock icon in the status bar?

Note: I've Googled a bit and found a hidden app called "System UI Tuner" can remove the alarm icon, but that app isn't available on the S6!

Thanks.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're referring to the alarm clock icon in the status bar to the right, it indicates an alarm in the default Clock app. Open that, and click into alarm clocks. Any present? Turn them all on, then turn them all off -- you should see the icon disappear. If there are NO alarm clocks, I dunno. Maybe create one, turn it on, turn it off, then delete it. :}

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160509-160830a.png
    Screenshot_20160509-160830a.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 44

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I rebooted my phone and the icon disappeared. Not sure what that alarm setting was for, or if it really existed...

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I figured out where that alarm was set to display the alarm icon. I changed a setting in an app called Tasker which created that alarm setting. Once I reverted that setting, the alarm icon dissapeared.