What is wrong with my phone?

Facioquodvolo

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
"Hi All! I am using Galaxy Note. I never had an issue before. Today my phone has started behaving weird. There is beep sound of the notification but i dont get to see any notifications in the status bar. And when i press the power key it shows only 2 options like on ur phone and off ur phone. And when i press and hold the home button i dont get to see the recent visited apps which i used to clear before.

Please help me resolve the issue"

The issue described above happened 3 years ago to the note, now the exact same thing is happening to my Samsung Galaxy S6. I've tried everything besides a factory reset, and I'm trying not to do that because I work most of the time and can't afford the time to take to back up my data to my laptop and reboot it.

Any idea what's happening? Someone on their thread mentioned taking out the battery, but that isn't possible on my newer model.

*****UPDATE*****

Crisis averted! I found an odd solution online that worked. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm not complaining. I'll outline the steps below in case someone else is having problems.

1. Install Nova Launcher. You don't have to keep it afterwards.

2. Once booted, hold the home screen and select "Widgets."

3. In the top menu, scroll over to activities, and add the widget to the home screen.

4. A menu should pop up, but if not, press the widget.

5. Scroll down to Setup Wizard. Just those two words. Select it, and a drop-down menu will pop up.

6. Select the option that says .SetupWizardTestActivity.

7. Press the option on your home screen. Your screen will flash strangely and functionality should return to normal!

I know it's strange but it worked for me and several other people I saw. And like I said, you can switch back from Nova to TouchWiz or whatever other kind of launcher you want without messing it up.

Last edited:

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
"Hi All! I am using Galaxy Note. I never had an issue before. Today my phone has started behaving weird. There is beep sound of the notification but i dont get to see any notifications in the status bar. And when i press the power key it shows only 2 options like on ur phone and off ur phone. And when i press and hold the home button i dont get to see the recent visited apps which i used to clear before.

Please help me resolve the issue"

The issue described above happened 3 years ago to the note, now the exact same thing is happening to my Samsung Galaxy S6. I've tried everything besides a factory reset, and I'm trying not to do that because I work most of the time and can't afford the time to take to back up my data to my laptop and reboot it.

Any idea what's happening? Someone on their thread mentioned taking out the battery, but that isn't possible on my newer model.

If you want to simulate taking the battery out, hold the volume down & the power/lock buttons for 10-15 seconds - this does the same job as a battery pull but without doing so (obvs).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87