My text notifications work fine, mostly. Someone will send me a text and I'll get the appropriate ringtone and vibrate notification. I open that person's text thread and see the new message. If they now send me another text while I have it open, the phone gives no ringtone or vibration. Assuming that I'm looking AT the screen, this isn't a problem, but if I happen to be looking away, I can get a new text and not know about it. Is this an option that I can modify?

Samsung Galaxy 6 active
    09-11-2017 08:04 AM
    09-11-2017 08:01 PM
    That's a normal behavior I think. AFAIK most of IM apps work the same way. Why would you need a physical feedback if app is open and screen is unlocked?
    09-13-2017 07:02 AM
    Why would you need a physical feedback if app is open and screen is unlocked?
    Example: I'm at a restaurant waiting for a friend. I text asking where he is. He replies he's on his way. I leave the phone on the table and accept my drink order, during which he sends me another text asking another question. I never know about it.
    09-15-2017 05:16 PM
    Wow, that's a very specific situation. Maybe your screen timeout should be longer? You just need a glance to know someone messaged you.
    09-16-2017 02:44 PM
    No, it's not specific at all. It's one example and I could give you others. You need to know to glance. Also, I have to pull out my glasses so I can read the text to see if it's a new one. I don't sit there staring at my phone waiting for messages to come through. I have a ringtone and vibration to alert me to that, in much the same way that I don't want to have to keep putting the phone to my ear and saying "Hello" because someone might have called me. In that particular instance, I was sitting at the bar with another friend talking and watching a football game. My attention was nowhere near the phone.

If it can't do it, it can't do it. I just have to remember that every time a text comes in, I've got to immediately turn the phone off so that it'll alert me. IMO, it's a shortcoming that didn't exist on the S3.
    09-17-2017 11:43 AM
    I agree this is a shortcoming. The iPhone has a sound when the message thread is open. I don't understand why this phone does not
    09-18-2017 12:19 PM