s7 active at&t hardware button lights

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just go this phone and noticed the the recent and back keys do not light up. Looked for settings and couldn't find any. Running 6.01. I called samsung and they said the hardware keys will light up but it's a carrier decision whether to turn them on. Called at&t and they said the keys should light up.

So, anyone who has an s7 active and knows, or anyone who knows, should these hardware buttons light up on this phone?

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I went back to at&t to look at the display and ask them and their display model doesn't light either. They said they didn't think they did but weren't sure. Sounds like they don't. Not a big deal, just have to use feel in the dark!

br0adband

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
The physical buttons on the Active series do not light up, never have in my experience (I've owned them all, the GS4A, GS5A, GS6A, and now the GS7A). Having them say it's a carrier decision is a bit ridiculous considering the Actives are only sold by AT&T so, that makes no sense at all except to say the person making the statement was obviously ignorant of the situation at all.

I'm pretty confident there's no lighting behind the physical buttons (just 2 on the GS7A because of the fingerprint scanner obviously) but even so, they've always had the physical buttons with that silver-paint or plating on the button tops so a backlight of most any kind wouldn't shine through anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61