ZAGG Glass Curved now available

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Called Zagg yesterday to ask about the curved tempered glass for the S7 & S7 Edge and the girl say it's been shipping for the past week. You have to call and order as it's still not available on their website. Now here's the kicker, It has a black painted border around the edges. :-\

I asked if it sticks to the actual display area and she said yes, but did not sound too sure. It was $44.99 but she said she would give me 10% off and another $10.00 off discount. After hearing about the black "Painted Border" I did not order and will wait to see what others find out.

If anyone has ordered and received one please post some pictures and a review. Thank You.:)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just checked out their website and noticed that they don't even offer the original Glass protector anymore. I wonder if that means those will be replaced by the new curved glass?? I sent them an email to verify. My wife has a S7 and we have the original glass protector. Right now it's still in the box though after having the phone replaced (broken screen) and for the time being I just have one of those ArmorShield wet apply protectors.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I guess I will just stick to the built in screen protector on my Defender and my Incipiol level 5 which sucks because the quality of these built in protectors are not very good at all. My Defender one gets a lot of dust under it and not super responsive. My Incipio is very responsive and has no gap for dirt to get under but its very hazy and fuzzy and not very clear.

The supcase I have has a great built in screen protector but the case offers hardly any shock protection and I'm not taking chances ruining a $600 phone in it.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Here was the reply I just got from zagg regarding swapping.

Lynette White (Zagg)

May 25, 1:31 PM

Good morning
Thank you for contacting ZAGG. My name is Lynette and it is my pleasure to assist you today. I understand your frustration with the S7 glass.

We did release the new curved glass last week. It is available for the $10.00 upgrade plus tax. This is the link if you would like to take a look at it beforehand. The gold edged shield should be available this weekend.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fglass-curve-samsung-galaxy-s7&token=CvLvHtQ_. If you decide you want to do the upgrade I would recommend calling in as we can assist you with the shipping fee.

You can call us at 1-800-700-9244 (Us and Canada) or 801-839-3906 and any agent can assist you with placing that order. Our hours are 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday-Saturday. Closed Sunday. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. Have a great day.

Have a great day.
Lynette
Zagg Customer Service Agent

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Damn! I just checked their website and they want $55 for the S7E one!! I thought the S7 one was pricey at $45...

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I also was contacted by Zagg yesterday because of an earlier email i sent them asking the same question on when they were coming out with the new curved glass screen protector. I am not fond of the black around the edges but i figured i would give it a try. I am wondering how the curved glass screen protector will work with a case on. I have the Samsung leather case on mine. Other glass screen protectors that look similar to the one Zagg just came out with people say they have issues of the case pushing up the edges on the screen protector. If this is the case then i will just run with out the new zagg. I was planning on going without a screen protector anyway if zagg didn't come out with one soon.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not holding my breath. I had one of the similar glass protectors, and it lifted up with a case, and also had some spots with less sensitivity. Came off within an hour.

Apple has the same issues with the iphone 6, and as far as I'm aware, there are no glass full screen protectors for the iphone 6 (several of my family members have one). If there isn't a good one out for apple, what are the odds that someone will come out with a good one for the S7.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
This is the same china crap as all the other full screen protectors that only stick on the top, bottom and thin sides. The display does not stick down at all and has the dot matrix deal behind the protector. I've seen several people on XDA that have already returned these back to Zagg and say they suck. :'(

The Always On Display is also not working correct with this new Zagg Curved Glass.

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to order tempered glass or stick on protector later tonight from amazon? Any to recommend? Also the ones that only stick on top and bottom does that mean dust gets under it? Then you can't remove it to clean it without ruining it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Spigen Curved Crystal and an Armorsuit Case Friendly sitting here and nave not installed anything yet. Just got the regular S7 last week and still have the factory plastic on the display.

Thinking about running over to Best Buy and getting the Zagg Curved Dot Matrix deal. :-\

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Spigen Curved Crystal and an Armorsuit Case Friendly sitting here and nave not installed anything yet. Just got the regular S7 last week and still have the factory plastic on the display.

Thinking about running over to Best Buy and getting the Zagg Curved Dot Matrix deal. :-\
The spigen curved crystal is great, BUT it attracts crazy fingerprints and from me constantly wiping the screen it has tons of scratches now. It's a great protector other than that. Also peels up with some of my cases

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I broke down and purchased the ZAGG Curved for the Regular S7 over at Best Buy today.
.Not going to try and install it tonight, I'm just too tired.
Just opened the package and the first thing I don't like is the cutouts around the Capacitive buttons, Home button, ETC, all feel real sharp and hope they won't scratch the face of the phone. The glue on the back looks real spotty. Here are a couple pictures showing the back of the shield and the packaging.
cur05.jpgcur01.jpgcur02.jpgcur03.jpgcur05.jpg228805cur04.jpg

Attachments

• cur06.jpg
    cur06.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Here's a better picture showing the spotty adhesive on the back. This still has the protective back and front on. I'll try to get it on the phone later today and report back. :-\

zc03.jpgzc01.jpgzc02.jpg

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Have you installed this yet? I was just wondering cause I have this on the way from Zagg as a replacement for the 1st tempered glass screen protector they came out with for the S7. If you installed this do you have a Case on your phone.? I use the Samsung Leather cover for mine. I am wondering if it will push up the edges of the screen protector. This is the last resort for a screen protector that i am going to try. I am fully prepared to go with out a screen protector if this does not work.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Have you installed this yet? I was just wondering cause I have this on the way from Zagg as a replacement for the 1st tempered glass screen protector they came out with for the S7. If you installed this do you have a Case on your phone.? I use the Samsung Leather cover for mine. I am wondering if it will push up the edges of the screen protector. This is the last resort for a screen protector that i am going to try. I am fully prepared to go with out a screen protector if this does not work.

Not yet. I'm just too tired from this weekend. I'll try it later tonight or tomorrow and report back.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping the glass curved would be good I haven't heard too many good things about it. I have an HD Zagg now for my edge so I can upgrade for $10 wonder if I should try it or just leave what I have on? I have a OtterBox Symmetry and a Samsung flip cover and a slim armor spigen. I use the Symmetry the most and wondering what cases this works good with. I don't know what to do. I was hoping for just a clear curved zagg as good as their old ones. We loved the ones our HTC'S

Posted via the Android Central App

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping the glass curved would be good I haven't heard too many good things about it. I have an HD Zagg now for my edge so I can upgrade for $10 wonder if I should try it or just leave what I have on? I have a OtterBox Symmetry and a Samsung flip cover and a slim armor spigen. I use the Symmetry the most and wondering what cases this works good with. I don't know what to do. I was hoping for just a clear curved zagg as good as their old ones. We loved the ones our HTC'S

Posted via the Android Central App
How is the zagg HD? I had it on my iPhone 6 Plus and ripped out off in two days because it didn't fully adhere by the corners where the curve started

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87