Who Is Using a Leather Flip/Wallet Case for S7 Edge?

LSWMW

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Why is no one considering flip cases other than the hard shell clear ones? All the Edge cases I am seeing people talk about on the forum are the ones with nothing that covers the front, just edges and back. Am I headed in a direction that either won't fit my new S7 Edge or is less protective of the front? I already have a tempered class screen protector. I have no interest in keeping a phone in my pocket, it's either in a purse, in my hand, or on a desk.

I've had a S3 for almost 4 years with a leatherette flip case with magnetic close, with no damage ever to my phone, even the few times I've dropped it. I like how it keeps the screen clean in my messy purse, gives me something stable to hold onto, allows me to prop the phone up horizontally.

Last edited:

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the wallet cases for the extra protection in my purse and scrub pocket. I just got this one in the mail for temporary use until they come out with the rustic leather one I had for my s6.

PU leather wallet for s7 edge

I'm not particularly happy with this one but it will do temporarily. The plastic shell that holds the phone is very loose. If I drop it the phone will probably bounce out, even with the magnetic clasp. I ditched the wristlet and replaced it with the one I had on my old leather case. It is stretchy so I can wrap it around the case to keep it secure. It for dang sure will not pop open now. :) One of the pockets for the debit cards are very deep and would swallow up the card so I won't be using that slot. If you like a stylus (I don't) there is room between the phone and fold for one. The stitching looks good/even and it is a cute design. I want to like it more but the feel just doesn't measure up to my old one. This one is very light and thin feeling.

I just looked up the old one and decided to check out the store and I'll be darn if they don't have it already! I had to stop and order it before I finished this post. LOL Vintage Leather Case for s7 Edge Worth every penny!

They have one with the magnetic clasp also but I don't like the design.

LSWMW

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Honestly I like the look of the one with the green leaf! That green is my favorite color. Someone else who reviewed that case said that it fit tightly, perhaps you got a dud? Anyway, how is the corner coverage ... is it higher than the Edge screen to give better protection?

For the one that matches what you had before, are you saying that it feels sturdier or more protective?

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Some people have had scratches from using a flip cover. That's why I haven't bought one yet.

Not from a leather case it won't. I have a VRS wallet case and like it because I can remove the phone whenever I please. I hate using a case to begin with, which is why I went this route. I can keep it protected out on the run, and still take it out to show off it's beauty + phone won't fit my car mount with the thinnest case on it, and I have a wireless fast charger that hates cases.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I like the look of the one with the green leaf! That green is my favorite color. Someone else who reviewed that case said that it fit tightly, perhaps you got a dud? Anyway, how is the corner coverage ... is it higher than the Edge screen to give better protection?

For the one that matches what you had before, are you saying that it feels sturdier or more protective?
It is a flimsy plastic that would easily stretch out. Hopefully you know what I mean. :) The corners are great and it would protect in a fall...provided the case doesn't fly open. The magnet in the leaf isn't very strong. That is why I am using the stretchy strap to secure it closed. I really do like the look. The green leaf is why I picked it. LOL I was hoping it would be more than a $10 case. I do like it and it will protect if you never have accidents. I just don't trust myself.

The other case is sturdier and thicker leather which creates more padding should it fall flat. The plastic shell is thicker and a tight fit. I'm hoping the new one fits as tightly. The leather is the kind that has a lot of character. The more it gets scratched up the better it looks. It is worth the $40. (and I'm usually cheap lol)

jbritt11

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just received my gold S-View Flip Cover (Gold S7 Edge) and it's really nice! I previously had one for my Note 3, this one seems to be made of a different material. I also have a Speigen Neo Hybrid for this phone but I felt a little uncomfortable not having any protection for my screen since I put my phone in my pocket pretty often.

Posted via the Android Central App

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Why is no one considering flip cases other than the hard shell clear ones? All the Edge cases I am seeing people talk about on the forum are the ones with nothing that covers the front, just edges and back. Imheaded in a direction that either won't fit my new S7 Edge or is less protective of the front? I already have a tempered class screen protector. I have no interest in keeping a phone in my pocket, it's either in a purse, in my hand, or on a desk..

What screen protector are you using if I may ask? I'm going to go the same route with a cover case.

LSWMW

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
What screen protector are you using if I may ask? I'm going to go the same route with a cover case.

I am using the Puregear Extreme Impact Screen Protector that I bought at the T-Mobile store. And interestingly, I went back there after researching and deciding upon a tempered glass protector and T-Mobile told me that they had a tempered glass protector. Now that I am looking at the box, this is NOT tempered glass. I'll admit I was freaking out on day#1 carrying a phone with no case and no glass cover so I was desperate to get something.

Last edited:

LSWMW

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I am using the Puregear Extreme Impact Screen Protector that I bought at the T-Mobile store.

Just got a Spigen® Neo Hybrid Crystal™ Cover Case to tide me over til I find a case with cover that I like the look of and protects well. The Spiegen feels really nice, but I want a permanent cover to keep all the little crumblies in my purse from getting on it. I wondered about the S-View Flip Cover, just like the feel of a natural material.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Some of the people on this site must be totally clumsy-uncoordinated- and careless with the phones they get, using bulging cases that make the phone look like a box phone from 1995, screen protectors that take away from screen quality- so on and so on. Every phone I have had in the past 10 years, I have dropped my phone I think one time. If you're like me and just careful and have phone insurance just to be safe, you're golden. I really just don't get it. You buy a beautiful phone- the best looking phone on the market and you bulk it up to look nothing like it? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Because even the most carefully handled device can have an accident, and Gorilla Glass 4 is prone to scratches. These, and a myriad of other possible scenarios are why. If you are fortunate enough to be a parent, I'm sure your children are the most beautiful sights to your eyes, but you don't send them outside naked do you lol?

A cover case provides both protection and adds to the appearance IMHO.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Because even the most carefully handled device can have an accident, and Gorilla Glass 4 is prone to scratches. These, and a myriad of other possible scenarios are why. If you are fortunate enough to be a parent, I'm sure your children are the most beautiful sights to your eyes, but you don't send them outside naked do you lol?

A cover case provides both protection and adds to the appearance IMHO.

You are correct, it does add to the appearance. It adds bulk to the otherwise slim looking appearance. And where do you see GG4 is prone to scratches? Every review I have seen says nothing of the sort. I don't believe that. To each his own - agree to disagree. I know there are people out there who agree with what I'm saying.

Last edited:

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I ended up with the VRS faux leather flip case. It's not bad, fits well and looks nice. It will do until I can get the Samsung wallet display case at a decent price.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Why is no one considering flip cases other than the hard shell clear ones? All the Edge cases I am seeing people talk about on the forum are the ones with nothing that covers the front, just edges and back. Am I headed in a direction that either won't fit my new S7 Edge or is less protective of the front? I already have a tempered class screen protector. I have no interest in keeping a phone in my pocket, it's either in a purse, in my hand, or on a desk.

I've had a S3 for almost 4 years with a leatherette flip case with magnetic close, with no damage ever to my phone, even the few times I've dropped it. I like how it keeps the screen clean in my messy purse, gives me something stable to hold onto, allows me to prop the phone up horizontally.
I got this vrs design about 3 weeks ago, almost everyone likes it.
uploadfromtaptalk1460409732385.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460409750243.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460409761683.jpg

Just last Friday I got this Spigen one, it's also very nice (but a bit bigger than the vrs) and when people see it they ask me what phone and case are those.
This Spigen can bend so you can watch videos on your phone, the vrs doesn't.
uploadfromtaptalk1460409923042.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460409930972.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460409941791.jpg

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Does the phone fit snug in the spigen? That was a big problem with my HTC dot view, the phone would fly out of it sometimes if I flipped it open with one hand. The VRS is a nice case, fits good. I really like mine.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, fits perfectly fine.
I can't decide which of those 2 I like the most.
I've used the Spigen only one day and the VRS I've used it a total of 6 days so far.
Well, there's one thing I hate about the VRS, most of the time the cover presses on the home button and when I open it the camera is on.
I don't have that problem with the Spigen.