Best clear cases?

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey folks!

We're doing a round-up of the best clear cases for the Galaxy S7 edge. What are your favourites? Why?

Any that you should absolutely stay away from?

Sound off and let us know!

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Speck clear case. Gives great protection on the bumpers and belved edges. Great design!

Posted via the Android Central App

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I tryed the case mate but the case didn't offer enought protection on the belved edges. I returned the case.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
IMO, this is the best one. The back is clear, but the bezel matches the color of the phone bezel. Plus it has a slight lip on the corners so you can lay it face down. Hides fingerprints too.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Clear-Protective-Cover/dp/B01B1WBE6E?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I agree. I just picked this up yesterday and it's great. Thin, light and it looks like it's part of the phone.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I just picked this up yesterday and it's great. Thin, light and it looks like it's part of the phone.

I'm particularly interested in that opinion. I generally think clear cases are fugly. They remind me immediately of cheap furniture covers. Letting the "beauty" of your phone show for other materials (leather, ballistic nylon, brushed metal) simply fails, because the clear case adds an obvious shine or cloudiness or both.

Lately, I've been thinking that the near-mirrored back of my silver S7E just might be the right material to overcome my bias against clear cases. I figure it would help disguise there's a clear case covering it in ways other materials don't.

So, with all that in mind, do you think I would like the Samsung case?

Anyone out there generally agree with my clear case opinion, but find they work well on the S7E, as I suspect?

Thanks!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If the S7E wasn't so uncomfortable to hold without a case, and wasn't prone to unwanted edge touches, I wouldn't be considering a clear case. I'd just enjoy it without one at home. Historically I've gone without a case at home a good deal of the time.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm particularly interested in that opinion. I generally think clear cases are fugly. They remind me immediately of cheap furniture covers. Letting the "beauty" of your phone show for other materials (leather, ballistic nylon, brushed metal) simply fails because the clear case addds a shine or cludiness or both.

Lately I've been thinking that the near-mirrored back of my silver S7E just might be the right mjatrial to overcome my bias against clear cases. I figure it would help disguise thatthere is a clear case coevring it in ways other materials don't.

Anyone out there generally agree with my clear case opinion, but find they work well on the S7E, as I suspect?

Thanks!

i do generally agree with your clear case opinion, but i bought one of these http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Cryst...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5112533 for $4 or something like that with the codes you get on here every once and awhile and it looks pretty nice, here is a video that gives a good idea of what it looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyIARzyEKKE

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm particularly interested in that opinion. I generally think clear cases are fugly. They remind me immediately of cheap furniture covers. Letting the "beauty" of your phone show for other materials (leather, ballistic nylon, brushed metal) simply fails because the clear case addds a shine or cludiness or both.

Lately I've been thinking that the near-mirrored back of my silver S7E just might be the right mjatrial to overcome my bias against clear cases. I figure it would help disguise thatthere is a clear case coevring it in ways other materials don't.

Thanks!

i do generally agree with your clear case opinion, but i bought one of these Amazon.com: Galaxy S7 Edge Case, Spigen® [Neo Hybrid Crystal] PREMIUM BUMPER [Satin Silver] Clear TPU / PC Frame Slim Dual Layer Premium Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (2016) - (556CS20046): Cell Phones & Accessories for $4 or something like that with the codes you get on here every once and awhile and it looks pretty nice, here is a video that gives a good idea of what it looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyIARzyEKKE

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Lance. I saw that vid a while back, but wasn't watching with any intent of getting a clear one. In fact, I think I was still waiting to receive my phone then.

That case and the Samsung look most promising, and of course the Samsung is much more expensive. I'd pay the difference if the back of the Samsung is significantly more "invisible."

~Kevin

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm particularly interested in that opinion. I generally think clear cases are fugly. They remind me immediately of cheap furniture covers. Letting the "beauty" of your phone show for other materials (leather, ballistic nylon, brushed metal) simply fails, because the clear case adds an obvious shine or cloudiness or both.

Lately, I've been thinking that the near-mirrored back of my silver S7E just might be the right material to overcome my bias against clear cases. I figure it would help disguise there's a clear case covering it in ways other materials don't.

Thanks!

I normally hate clear cases too. They would be fingerprint magnets, or they would have the ugly rainbow effect. Some would easily scratch. The Samsung case is the best i have ever seen. IMO, night and day better than Spigen. I haven't taken it off my phone since i got it. Looks and feels like it's part of the phone. Great grip too.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I love Ringke Fusion in clear. It is soft, completely covers the beveled edges, and has protection over the buttons instead of just cut outs. It also has built in port covers for the headphone jack and charging port to keep them covered when not in use. I got it from Amazon like $20. I had one for my S6 Edge also and loved it, was very happy when this available.

Posted via AC App from my Galaxy S7 Edge

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My poetic affinity case should be here tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it looks/feels... I'll see if I can get some pics too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87