Worried about Spigen Hybrid Neo Crystal review

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Looking at buying this case or the official Samsung Clear. I have read loads of reviews and watched lots of videos. The one thing sticks out for me is a review that says the spigen has ruined their screen. That the band that goes around it is too tight and has caused the pixels on the display to mess up. (Amazon uk review) Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have never had any of those issues with Spigen cases. I've used Spigen on my Note 4, S6 edge, and S7 edge. I currently have the neo hybrid clear in satin silver on my s7 edge. Only thing I would give a negative view on, is that it's very slippery in the hand. None of those issues you that mentioned though.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have never had any of those issues with Spigen cases. I've used Spigen on my Note 4, S6 edge, and S7 edge. I currently have the neo hybrid clear in satin silver on my s7 edge. Only thing I would give a negative view on, is that it's very slippery in the hand. None of those issues you that mentioned though.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Thanks. Might not be the case for me then if it's slippy.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I have both cases and while I have had no issues with the spigen at all I do prefer the way the Samsung feels, but I like how the spigen covers over the buttons... Wish I could mash them together to make one! But between the 2 if price isn't a concern get the Samsung you won't regret it... But like I said no screen issues with the spigen, fits perfectly... I will say if clear isn't necessary the case I grab most is the spigen neo hybrid... I like the texture of it and it looks great on the chrome edge from the front

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have both cases and while I have had no issues with the spigen at all I do prefer the way the Samsung feels, but I like how the spigen covers over the buttons... Wish I could mash them together to make one! But between the 2 if price isn't a concern get the Samsung you won't regret it... But like I said no screen issues with the spigen, fits perfectly... I will say if clear isn't necessary the case I grab most is the spigen neo hybrid... I like the texture of it and it looks great on the chrome edge from the front

Sent from my Adamantium S7 edge

Thanks for the reply. Do you find both cases slippery? I really need something with good grip. I am waiting for a delivery of best skins ever first to see if I can use a skin instead of a case.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I think both of the clear cases are kinda slippery... The spigen at little more so... Probably why I grab the regular neo hybrid more often... I find myself either using the textured neo hybrid or nothing I guess... Wish I could be more help... The skin will help give it some grip I'm sure but I like being able to take the protection of when I want...

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The back of the neo hybrid crystal has a tacky feel. Enough so that I can rest it on 3 fingers and tilt to over 70 degrees without it slipping. I have 5 cases and it is the one I use daily. I did switch to a heavier case for a recent trip to Disney but now that I am back the neo hybrid crystal is back on.

ddsps

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Looking at buying this case or the official Samsung Clear. I have read loads of reviews and watched lots of videos. The one thing sticks out for me is a review that says the spigen has ruined their screen. That the band that goes around it is too tight and has caused the pixels on the display to mess up. (Amazon uk review) Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
No issues with the tightness of the Spigen case with pixels. That would be more of an issue with an LCD screen vs the AMOLED.

The Samsung clear has this weird protective film under the packaging layer. If you remove it a nasty residue will remain but can be removed with goo gone. I attached a picture with the packaging film separated from the protective film. It was weird seeing two layers on top of the actual case. After reading/watching the reviews it wasn't just me. uploadfromtaptalk1460933521320.jpg

Bumper: The Samsung case doesnt protect the top and bottom, its more slippery, and although it is easier for headphone and charger access. The Spigen has a full bumper coverage which doesnt add much bulk, but it is an issue if you use a charging cord or headphone jack that is thick near the plug.

Back: Spigen offers some grip until it gets greasy vs Samsung with the extra film is a little better, however the you can get caught on the edges of it, and I can see it peeling over time and looing bad. Fingerprinting is a little worse on the spigen.

Color: The Spigen Gunmetal looks great with the silver. The Samsung case to match the black phone is this blue metallic which does not look good with a silver phone.

The back of the neo hybrid crystal has a tacky feel. Enough so that I can rest it on 3 fingers and tilt to over 70 degrees without it slipping. I have 5 cases and it is the one I use daily. I did switch to a heavier case for a recent trip to Disney but now that I am back the neo hybrid crystal is back on.

I think both of the clear cases are kinda slippery... The spigen at little more so... Probably why I grab the regular neo hybrid more often... I find myself either using the textured neo hybrid or nothing I guess... Wish I could be more help... The skin will help give it some grip I'm sure but I like being able to take the protection of when I want...

(S7 Edge Titanium)

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

Weird my neo crystal hybrid is not tacky at all...

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ive had Spigen on my S4, Note 4, and now my S7 Edge. Never did have a issue with it causing pixel issues.

It is a little slippery but like ShinyTop, i can get it to about 70 degrees without it slipping.

I have both the silver and gunmetal bumpers, both looks nice but the silver matches more. i also dropped it already and the bumper got a marked but didnt break so it's durable

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Just had someone in my vzw forum take a nose dive with it and protected it flawless!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89