Can Verizon S7 Without Contract be rooted?

Dawndawner

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I'm new in this forum.
A week ago, I bought a Verizon Samsung galaxy s7 edge (G935VVR) without a contract. I brought it to my Country and now I'm using it with an another SIM card rather than Verizon. There is no serious problem with my phone. I only have two problems;
1. There are only 7 languages on my phone (under language and input) and I couldn't add my native language to it. Is there any way to settle this issue and add my native language? (according to Google search there is now way unless rooting it. you may look to this thread: http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-change-languages-on-galaxy-s7-and-galaxy-s7-edge/,)
2-I can Access to developer options and ''OEM unlock'' is open/green in my phone. does it mean my phone can be rooted? (I read the thread which states that Verizon and T-Mobile phones can't be rooted. But due to I bought my phone without contract or plan and I am able to use it outside USA with another SIM card, I thought it may possible.
if you could help me I will be grateful to you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can Verizon Without Contact be rooted?

Afaik, the Verizon version can't be rooted at this time.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I'm new in this forum.
A week ago, I bought a Verizon Samsung galaxy s7 edge (G935VVR) without a contract. I brought it to my Country and now I'm using it with an another SIM card rather than Verizon. There is no serious problem with my phone. I only have two problems;
1. There are only 7 languages on my phone (under language and input) and I couldn't add my native language to it. Is there any way to settle this issue and add my native language? (according to Google search there is now way unless rooting it. you may look to this thread: http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-change-languages-on-galaxy-s7-and-galaxy-s7-edge/,)
2-I can Access to developer options and ''OEM unlock'' is open/green in my phone. does it mean my phone can be rooted? (I read the thread which states that Verizon and T-Mobile phones can't be rooted. But due to I bought my phone without contract or plan and I am able to use it outside USA with another SIM card, I thought it may possible.
if you could help me I will be grateful to you.

Hello and welcome to Android Central Dawndawner!

I am afraid that dpham00 is correct. Whether on contract or not and whether on a U.S. network or not, the U.S. carrier branded models of the S7 and S7 Edge are not able to be rooted.

Unlike the Global model, G935F, which comes with a whole host of worldwide language packs, the Verizon model has far fewer to choose from.

You state that you are using the Verizon model, G935V, in another country and on another network. Which country and what network are you on?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod Note,please do not post your email address on this public forum . also we do not allow payment for personal services here