T-Mobile S7/S7 Edge pre-order bonus

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ummm...not so sure about that. I got the promo from last year and the code didn't 'translate' to money, it translated directly to 12 months of the standard plan (my account is still being charged in MXN, and the price there is cheaper... )

I've had 4 Netflix bonuses in the past year since I got my S6 edge, and all of them have been posted to my account as credits, just like I explained before. But not just me, 3 of my co-workers that took the offer from the S6 and Note 5 got the same. So, until I changed my plan in December to the 4K plan ($11.99/month) I had the equivalent of almost 40 months of credit or about $380 credit balance on my account because I had the grandfathered $7.99/month plan. Now it still $367.52 credit but it translates to almost 31 months free in my actual plan.

So, not sure why yours was treated different.20160228_204332_2.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It translates to money in the end but if your pricing is different (like mine), the amount redeemed is not the US equivalent, it the 12 month equivalent to your local pricing.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It translates to money in the end but if your pricing is different (like mine), the amount redeemed is not the US equivalent, it the 12 month equivalent to your local pricing.

That's what I'm saying since my first post on the topic, it translates to the equivalent of a full year of the $9.99/month plan. At least on US, if they adjust to local pricing on different regions, that I didn't know.

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
is this something I'll need to redeem once I receive my device? sorry, first time pre-ordering a phone, so unsure how tmo does this.

AlexFirth91

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge arrives tomorrow! I have a feeling T-Mobile might just include the VR set off the bat but if not I'll just call Samsung. This is definitely an early release.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My S7 Edge arrives tomorrow! I have a feeling T-Mobile might just include the VR set off the bat but if not I'll just call Samsung. This is definitely an early release.

For the VR and Netflix you need to go to Samsung promotions site and claim it. It will take few weeks to receive once approved.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone on the blog posts already confirmed they received their actual phone (no VR set) today. So yup, T-Mo is shipping early for some lucky few so far.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
is this something I'll need to redeem once I receive my device? sorry, first time pre-ordering a phone, so unsure how tmo does this.

In theory you can wait, BUT for both the VR and Netflix offer, the small print says that there are a limited number of devices/codes available... so might as well just act fast once you get yours.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
On my "your order has been processed" e-mail I received it had two items listed. One for the phone and then this other thing "SAMSUNG GEAR VR HEADSET $50 OCULUS GIFT" does anyone know what that is?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
On my "your order has been processed" e-mail I received it had two items listed. One for the phone and then this other thing "SAMSUNG GEAR VR HEADSET $50 OCULUS GIFT" does anyone know what that is?

Pretty self explanatory if that's what they're sending hehe. You did get a free VR set and credit for games with the pre-order. Now don't forget to sign up for the T-Mobile (I'm assuming you're on T-Mo, haven't heard of anyone else shipping early) Netflix promo.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty self explanatory if that's what they're sending hehe. You did get a free VR set and credit for games with the pre-order. Now don't forget to sign up for the T-Mobile (I'm assuming you're on T-Mo, haven't heard of anyone else shipping early) Netflix promo.

But I thought you had to sign up for the promo through the samsung promo website to get the stuff?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
But I thought you had to sign up for the promo through the samsung promo website to get the stuff?

I'm sure you have to for the Netflix one, not so sure about the VR. The link from T-Mobile just redirects to a reminder from Samsung to pre-order. And since my phone hasn't shipped yet, I couldn't say for certain.

AlexFirth91

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Got my silver edge, awesome btw. Link still states when available to claim...Guess I have to wait for actual launch day to claim my headset. But I'll email too see if I can secure one early.