Insurance for Samsung S7 Edge

James_jr

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have just preorder Samsung S7 Edge yesterday!:D I am making the jump from S3 to S7 Edge. I would like to know what is the best solution for insurance and theft protection for this new phone! I am looking at Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite for $129.00 2 years (Cover accidental damage from handling) and LoJack Absolute Premier 3 years Theft Protection for $99.00 with ($600.00 guarantee recovery). Do you have any better suggestion?

I AM NOW GOING TO THE EDGE!! :cool:

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have just preorder Samsung S7 Edge yesterday!:D I am making the jump from S3 to S7 Edge. I would like to know what is the best solution for insurance and theft protection for this new phone! I am looking at Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite for $129.00 2 years (Cover accidental damage from handling) and LoJack Absolute Premier 3 years Theft Protection for $99.00 with ($600.00 guarantee recovery). Do you have any better suggestion?

I'm going through Verizon's insurance program. It's the best way to go, for me. If my phone craps out, I'll have a newish one in 24 hours.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm assuming the Samsung Protection Plus can be added on any Samsung phone? Doesn't matter where you got it? I pre-ordered from Best Buy yesterday, and this is definitely a viable option for me. I was looking for something like this. The other option I was looking at was SquareTrade, but I like going through the manufacturer (even though it is through Assurant - which does Nexus Protect, as well).

sctiger

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know what the deductibles are for the various insurance plans on the S7/S7E? I just had to use Asurion for a GS5 and it was $99. But the Verizon rep had told me he thought it was $149. I'm guessing the deductible will be higher for the 7. I can't seem to find any documentation for the Samsung Protection Plus and GS7. With my GS6 on the Samsung plan, I believe it's $99, but I got mine before Asurion took over their plans.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what the deductibles are for the various insurance plans on the S7/S7E? I just had to use Asurion for a GS5 and it was $99. But the Verizon rep had told me he thought it was $149. I'm guessing the deductible will be higher for the 7. I can't seem to find any documentation for the Samsung Protection Plus and GS7. With my GS6 on the Samsung plan, I believe it's $99, but I got mine before Asurion took over their plans.

I recently used Asurion through VZW for my S6 Edge and it was $199. I'm done paying $7/month and $199 deductible. The best option I have found is the Samsung Protection Plus Plan. $129 for 2 years, $79 deductible. A second option I'm considering is if you purchase the phone from Costco, they have a partnership square trade and on the day of purchase it's $99 for 2 years and $50 deductible. But you have to be a Costco member to get that deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
While I agree with you, there is one difference between the Samsung plan and the Asurion one. Asurion covers loss and theft, and Samsung doesn't. Since I've never lost a phone, or had one stolen, I'm not too worried about that, but for some people it might be worth considering. But between the monthly cost and the deductible, you could buy a refurb after 18 months and come out ahead.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Can one cancel Asurion if one changes his/her mind a month or two later ?

Last edited:

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i never used Square Trade, but I did use it for my computer. While it is certainly cheaper, it is not very speedy. Granted a computer is much more repairable than a phone, but i dont want to wait 2 weeks to get my phone fixed/replaced.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I had Asurion insurance on a phone from Sprint many years ago, and had no problem canceling it. You won't get back the payments you've already made, though.

jackwins

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
protectyourbubble is who I use for all of my mobile devices. They are really Assurant. They are only $6/month and they are great! I had to use them once when my wife broke her iPhone 5s. I opened a claim (took 10mins via a phone call), paid a $50 deductible and they sent my wife a refurbished (like new) iPhone 6 the next day.

Protect your bubble is GREAT! I will also be using them to cover my S7E.

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Verizon tried selling me insurance, for 2 lines it would be $22/month.

I did the math...on a 24 month cycle (likely duration I'll have the S7) that means I'd pay $528 in insurance, and I don't even know if theres any sort of deductible I'd have to pay. That sounds insane. I'm interested to know what better options are out there .I pre-ordered through BB, so I'm sure they'll try to sell me some as well but not sure the cost.

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
protectyourbubble is who I use for all of my mobile devices. They are really Assurant. They are only $6/month and they are great! I had to use them once when my wife broke her iPhone 5s. I opened a claim (took 10mins via a phone call), paid a $50 deductible and they sent my wife a refurbished (like new) iPhone 6 the next day.

Does this cover lost or stolen? Its not mentioned, so I'm going to guess not. But still that seems better than nothing, and reasonable.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Unfortunately, the fine print says "[SUP]3[/SUP]Deductibles for Samsung touch-screen phones are $150."

That makes Samsung's $79 deductible look a lot more attractive.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Verizon tried selling me insurance, for 2 lines it would be $22/month.

I did the math...on a 24 month cycle (likely duration I'll have the S7) that means I'd pay $528 in insurance, and I don't even know if theres any sort of deductible I'd have to pay. That sounds insane. I'm interested to know what better options are out there .I pre-ordered through BB, so I'm sure they'll try to sell me some as well but not sure the cost.

$199 deductible for each device, I think. So if you get a replacement after a year, you've spent $132 in premiums (per device), plus $199 deductible, or $331 for your replacement. By then, you could probably get a refurb for about that amount. I don't think the Asurion plans make sense unless you're really clumsy and have a history of breaking or losing phones.

jackwins

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the fine print says "[SUP]3[/SUP]Deductibles for Samsung touch-screen phones are $150."

That makes Samsung's $79 deductible look a lot more attractive.

It all depends on when you replace your phone, as well as how long you expect to keep your S7/S7E.

For me protectyourbubble (PYB) is still better. Becuase I have a few devices insured by PYB already I would pay $4/month to insure the S7E. Over a year thats $48. Lets say I break/replace my S7E within that first year, Im out $150 +$48. Annual cost = $198

Using Samsung Protection Plus is a one time fee of $129. If you break/replace your device within the first year your deductible is $79. Annual cost = $208.

If you plan on keeping your device for more than a year, it makes sense to go with Samsung Protection Plus. If you only expect to keep your device for a year or less, I would go with PYB. Thats just my opinion.

Atranox

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody used Upsie for insurance? $50 one time cost with a $25 deductible. From what I found on Reddit, they do seem legit.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow Upsie sounds awesome. Has anyone ever used them for a device on here?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer