Received my S7 Edge today (dunno how), unboxing and questions

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Now wait a minute, do those screenshots of the battery life mean that the battery dropped by 35% in only 1h45 on screen time??

So the 100% would only make you through 5h15 on screen time...

This is not that good for 3600mAh! :(

5 hrs of SoT is pretty good considering your first few days of usage will be more intense on the phone than normal.

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Leaked Geekbench results on pre-release hardware suggested that Snapdragon 820 is slightly faster at single-core tasks while the Exynos 8890 is faster at multi-core tasks. It'll be interesting to see if that holds true for the final retail versions of both versions of the S7s. We need someone with the US S7/S7 edge to run Geekbench to compare! :)

Thanks for the info. How will this affect everyday use? I'm not that techie so don't really understand the difference.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
5 hrs of SoT is pretty good considering your first few days of usage will be more intense on the phone than normal.

I never see more than 3 hours of SOT on MY Droid Turbo 2 which has the same size battery. I for the life of me can't figure out how Motorola achieves such a low number. And I have my screen at less than 50% brightness.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Now wait a minute, do those screenshots of the battery life mean that the battery dropped by 35% in only 1h45 on screen time??

So the 100% would only make you through 5h15 on screen time...

This is not that good for 3600mAh! :(

Plus, take in consideration that he has mentioned before that he has very bad signal and he is waiting to get to his work for a normal day comparison. Take a look at the Signal, he is at 3G not even 4G (or LTE like it's known on the Americas) that it was also considered to be more trouble for the phones than the 4G.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. How will this affect everyday use? I'm not that techie so don't really understand the difference.
Some things in Android are really optimised for multi-core CPUs like app installations/updates from the Play Store and web browsing. Certain apps are more dependant on single-core performance though (I'm not sure of specific examples).

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep, they should be giving you at least a shout out. Sometimes the internet sucks.

But let's face it, you did a great job on that video.

Posted via the Android Central App

Feres Monsri

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Plus, take in consideration that he has mentioned before that he has very bad signal and he is waiting to get to his work for a normal day comparison. Take a look at the Signal, he is at 3G not even 4G (or LTE like it's known on the Americas) that it was also considered to be more trouble for the phones than the 4G.

but we should not forget that the Galaxy s6 Active has the same screen resolution, older beefier SoC, 3500mAh...
And it is now considered by various well knOwn reviewers, as the king of battery life in all smartphone history...

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
but we should not forget that the Galaxy s6 Active has the same screen resolution, older beefier SoC, 3500mAh...
And it is now considered by various well knOwn reviewers, as the king of battery life in all smartphone history...
No way the cpu is beefier.

I won't comment on the battery life as I don't get those great SOT numbers with any Android phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It also takes most batteries a few full charges to "break in". My Note 5 battery gradually got better after the first few days.

Strong signal, optimized phone and a break in period all add to a strong battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey inffy, hope you don't mind, I've created a Snapdragon vs Exynos thread linking to your helpful Geekbench results post here in this thread and giving you credit of course :)

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
No problem
Haha I'm a self-confessed tech geek and find comparisons between brand new Qualcomm and Samsung CPU architectures interesting :)

I hope you enjoy the phone! I'll keep an eye on this thread. Will be really cool to get your opinion on battery once you've had enough time to form an opinion.

Dan Franchini

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I never see more than 3 hours of SOT on MY Droid Turbo 2 which has the same size battery. I for the life of me can't figure out how Motorola achieves such a low number. And I have my screen at less than 50% brightness.
I know what you mean. I have the original Droid Turbo with a 3900 mAH battery, and I rarely see more than 3 hrs SOT. And if I play a game for 20 minutes i'm down at least 10%.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like either you have radio drain problems or you phone is never going into Deep Sleep. I would venture it will get to more stable SoT in the next week. Or you have a configuration problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non