Intrigued iPhone user thinking of switching to S7 Edge

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I constantly go back and forth between Samsungs and iPhones, my latest move was from my Note 5 to my current 6S Plus, I'm now going back to Samsung and ditching my iPhone 6S +.

Just got my pre-order shipping notice yesterday from T-Mobile for the S7 Edge, YAY !!!!,,,, Overnight shipping means I should have my S7 Edge on Tuesday the 1st or Wen the 2nd.

Late last week I got to compare my iPhone 6S+ against the S7 Edge at my local Best Buy (a very nice Samsung rep was there and had the S7 stashed in his pocket).

My main comparison was between the cameras, shooting side by side pictures with both phones inside Best Buy was not even a fair contest, the S7 totaly blew away my iPhone in every picture and video I took,,, I then ran home and pre-ordered the S7.

I absolutely love my iPad Pro, Air 2 and mini,,,, but as far as phones the Samsungs have always been my favorites over the iPhones.

I really need to stop buying iPhones and just stick with Samsungs, I'll keep my S7 Edge while waiting for the Note 6.

Cheers
Davyo

Hahaha touche.

As far as iPad's are concerned I've totally given up on them as I don't find them useful especially after getting the 6s Plus. Sold my iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4, replaced those with the new 12inch Macbook for my home use.

Yup the camera on the S7Edge is definitely one the main reasons for me to switch, its phenomenal from what I've seen online.

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
..took the plunge myself OP..used iOS since the original, but jumped in on the preorder for the s7 edge..I've never used an Android device. I am just bored with iOS, and dang if that s7e isn't sexy as ever ;)

Good Luck with adapting tho. I am still keeping my AppleTV, and MacBook, but certainly breaking the chains on the Apple Ecosystem.

I hear you, I'm going to keep all the other Apple stuff too but want a change in the phone segment. I think I'm going to pre-order too tonight.

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have a 6s plus and looking into getting s7 edge. I've had iPhone since the 3GS and kinda of nervous about the move. But would love to try something new. My biggest thing is being able to access my music that I have through iTunes on the edge. I don't have any type of pc to transfer my music. Is there any way to do it? Also what else can you guys recommend as far as making the switch. I have yet to pre order it yet.

My biggest worry is Podcasts, if someone can suggest an equivalent on Android then I'm gold.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My biggest worry is Podcasts, if someone can suggest an equivalent on Android then I'm gold.

I used to feel the same way about podcasts then I discovered pocketcasts. Imagine having the same podcast app on android or iOS and logging in and it syncs all your podcasts. Best few dollars I've ever spent and I was the biggest supporter of the iOS podcasts app. Try pocketcasts. Trust me!

kpxstar9

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Can you let me know what you think of the tab s2? I am about to ditch my ipad as well and get it. Currently using an iphone 6s+ which I will be ditching as well for the s7e! Excited to say the least. Apple has been bothering me lately with this whole FBI security case.
I like the size of the device. Extremely light weight and the screen is amazing.

hylex

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Music downloaded from 'Apple music' is not DRM free. You cannot transfer that. Albums you bought earlier? Yes certainly.. just download them via your PC and upload them to google. I have done and in fact i use it as a means of keeping a redundant backup of all my music.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Buy pocketcasts best podcast app on iPhone and Android, sync seamlessly across platforms and even has a web version, puts the Apple podcast app to shame.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
PocketCast is awesome.

Also, anyone who uses it should also be reading the "What's New" anytime there's a new version. They usually explain how the bug fix involved fending off ninja bunny rabbits with laser vision or some such.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
My first contact with Android was through the Galaxy Camera.

I liked it so much, within a few weeks I swapped my iPad for a Note 10.1 and my iPhone 4S for a Note 3.

I still use and iMac and a MacBook Pro so I am still semi Apple.

Everyone at work uses an iPhone. I find Skype and What's app perfect replacements for Facetime and iMessage. A lot of iPhone users have these apps anyway so it shouldn't isolate you by moving to Samsung.

It is so easy these days to be a sheep and buy iPhone. In it's early days is was something special but now, not so much.

I think the S7 Edge looks fantastic where as the 6S Plus is very plane indeed.

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I bought my first iPhone in September (after using Android for five years, including the OG Galaxy, Galaxy Nexus and the Moto X), and have been using it for five months now. I actually really like it, but for some reason the Galaxy is pulling me towards its orbit. I'm nervous that I'm used to Apple's optimization of their software; everything moves so swiftly and everything feels clean. I'm heavily involved in Google though, and I don't like how the iPhone forces you into Apple products. Also, all my family/friends use iPhones, and iMessage is great for all that. So, I'm a little torn...but I have interest from people who are willing to give me enough money for my iPhone to cover the cost of the Galaxy. We shall see

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I had to make the switch- being a tech junkie I saw the reviews and the previews and was super excited. The edge feature is similar to the note edge- a phone I love and still use, and expanded memory. My current daily driver is the iPhone 6s Plus- and don't get me wrong I love iOS but this phone screams use me. The expandable memory had me and where's the dotted line- water resistance is just an added bonus. This phone honestly looks and feels amazing- and when I had the demo in my hand it felt amazing.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you let me know what you think of the tab s2? I am about to ditch my ipad as well and get it. Currently using an iphone 6s+ which I will be ditching as well for the s7e! Excited to say the least. Apple has been bothering me lately with this whole FBI security case.

I also have the Tab S2. It's a great tablet, but I do not think it's as good as the Mini 4.

Main reason are the apps. iPad apps are generally designed better as far as using the larger screen more effectively. The Tab S2 is essentially a large phone. It looks like it when using it, and behaves like it with apps.

That being said, if you're going to get a Galaxy phone you should be able to sync the phone and Tab S2 so that you can get your notifications on the tablet if your phone is not near you. I have not tried this though so I can't say how well it works. I believe it's called Side Sync.

Nothing I said about the iPad being better takes away from the Tab S2 being super thin, comfortable to hold, and having a great display. The only thing I wish it did better was battery life. It just doesn't idle as long as iPads do, which is a shame.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Tab S2. It's a great tablet, but I do not think it's as good as the Mini 4.

Main reason are the apps. iPad apps are generally designed better as far as using the larger screen more effectively. The Tab S2 is essentially a large phone. It looks like it when using it, and behaves like it with apps.

That being said, if you're going to get a Galaxy phone you should be able to sync the phone and Tab S2 so that you can get your notifications on the tablet if your phone is not near you. I have not tried this though so I can't say how well it works. I believe it's called Side Sync.

Nothing I said about the iPad being better takes away from the Tab S2 being super thin, comfortable to hold, and having a great display. The only thing I wish it did better was battery life. It just doesn't idle as long as iPads do, which is a shame.

Thanks for your review, I think I am going to keep my iPad Air 2 just to have both iOS and android platforms once I get my s7 edge. I am hearing that although the s7 edge battery is great, it still can't beat the iPhone 6s Plus standby time, which is what I have now. I am big on battery life and the iPhone is a seamless phone, but I am bored with it and love the display on the Samsung devices.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your review, I think I am going to keep my iPad Air 2 just to have both iOS and android platforms once I get my s7 edge. I am hearing that although the s7 edge battery is great, it still can't beat the iPhone 6s Plus standby time, which is what I have now. I am big on battery life and the iPhone is a seamless phone, but I am bored with it and love the display on the Samsung devices.

Good choice keeping the Air 2.

I think it's still to early to judge battery life on the S7e.

I also think idle life is more important on a tablet than a phone. I don't want to charge a tablet that I use intermittently every few days. I should be able to set it down and not worry about it.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Btw.: I don't know if they'll fix this in time for the final version, but even with 9.3 Beta 4, battery life seems way worse on my 6S Plus than on 9.2. Don't know why, but mine barely lasts a day anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer