Intrigued iPhone user thinking of switching to S7 Edge

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I didn't like the Galaxy s6 edge because the edge functionality wasn't there and battery life wasn't so awesome- plus it over heated... A lot. This phone brought back the sd slot AND is water resistant things I loved about my Galaxy s5

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Depends on what your preference is. I have both the 6S Plus and S6 Edge. I love the fact I can customize my Android phone, oh and the camera is fantastic. I have lots of freedom on the Android platform and that's what I love about it. I do wish software optimization was a priority for Android devices though. The silky smooth interface of iOS is to die for and I love how I don't ever have to deal with stutter like I do on Android.

Apple has also done an amazing job when it comes to touch sensitivity. It's just right. Samsung phones seem overly sensitive to me when I switch from my work phone (6S Plus) to my personal phone.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what your preference is. I have both the 6S Plus and S6 Edge. I love the fact I can customize my Android phone, oh and the camera is fantastic. I have lots of freedom on the Android platform and that's what I love about it. I do wish software optimization was a priority for Android devices though. The silky smooth interface of iOS is to die for and I love how I don't ever have to deal with stutter like I do on Android.

Apple has also done an amazing job when it comes to touch sensitivity. It's just right. Samsung phones seem overly sensitive to me when I switch from my work phone (6S Plus) to my personal phone.
Well, the 6S Plus runs exceptionally smooth, even by Apple standards. But I sometimes wish it'd be MORE touch sensitive. I have to constantly re-enter my PIN code after reboots etc. because it won't recognize touch the first time.

I've had a huge amount of issues with the 6S Plus, to be honest. Had mine replaced twice and the last one repaired etc. QC isn't what it used to be

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, the 6S Plus runs exceptionally smooth, even by Apple standards. But I sometimes wish it'd be MORE touch sensitive. I have to constantly re-enter my PIN code after reboots etc. because it won't recognize touch the first time.

I've had a huge amount of issues with the 6S Plus, to be honest. Had mine replaced twice and the last one repaired etc. QC isn't what it used to be
Re entering your pin code after reboot is on purpose and it's a security feature. You can Google for explanation.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

QC could be a major problem when factory workers are hurling themselves off buildings. I now have to enter the pin before using the finger print scanner after rebooting my other phone which is a Note 5 with Marshmallow. More security I guess a la iOS?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Btw.: I don't know if they'll fix this in time for the final version, but even with 9.3 Beta 4, battery life seems way worse on my 6S Plus than on 9.2. Don't know why, but mine barely lasts a day anymore.

You are 100% right, I noticed that as well...I am down to 20% at 8-9pm at night and never used to be. I have also had the issue were the phone just dies and the battery percentage shows 40%. Happened once, but I know that was an issue occurring with these models.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
So I've been an iPhone user (somewhat of a fanboy) for donkey years now. But after seeing what Sammy has done with the S7 Edge, they have really really impressed me to the point that I'm thinking of making it my primary for a month and see how that goes.

Keeping in my mind that I'm totally baked into Apple's ecosystem (iCloud, iPhoto, iMessage, etc) and that my family/friends are all iOS users, I'm still willing to give the S7 Edge a shot.

I do own the S6 and use it as my travel phone but for some reason it was not convincing enough for me to make it a primary.

Another factor that I'm intrigued to switch to the S7 Edge is the screen size (currently using the 6S plus).

Hope the users of this community can help me make this decision and stick with it for the long run.

I just switched from an iPhone 6S. I too was an Apple geek since the 3GS. I have dabbled in the Android space from time to time but could never peel away from the Apple ecosystem. Everyone I know also has iPhones, but I can tell you that I do not regret one bit the switch to the S7 edge. The phone is incredible in every aspect and blows away any iPhone design. As for the ecosystem, I moved all of my photos to Google photos, and now use that as my back up. I also put all of my music on an SD card and put that in to the SD card slot in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I don't need to play my music through the phone. The only thing that sucks is not having iMessage, but I'll get over it. My advice is take the leap.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from an iPhone 6S. I too was an Apple geek since the 3GS. I have dabbled in the Android space from time to time but could never peel away from the Apple ecosystem. Everyone I know also has iPhones, but I can tell you that I do not regret one bit the switch to the S7 edge. The phone is incredible in every aspect and blows away any iPhone design. As for the ecosystem, I moved all of my photos to Google photos, and now use that as my back up. I also put all of my music on an SD card and put that in to the SD card slot in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I don't need to play my music through the phone. The only thing that sucks is not having iMessage, but I'll get over it. My advice is take the leap.

I can't agree with you more...but really what is the advantage of imessage??? The only advantage to me is I have an ipad and a macbook so I can text on both of those if my phone isn't around. Other than that imessage on the iphone is the same as any text message except seeing the three dots that someone is typing!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't agree with you more...but really what is the advantage of imessage??? The only advantage to me is I have an ipad and a macbook so I can text on both of those if my phone isn't around. Other than that imessage on the iphone is the same as any text message except seeing the three dots that someone is typing!

Photos and videos are shared at much higher quality than over MMS.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Photos and videos are shared at much higher quality than over MMS.

Holy crap people still text? I've used messaging apps with my friends and family for years now. Best part is, free VoIP calls when I'm out of the country and pictures can be sent in the original quality it was taken.

ramon56

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I just switch from iPhone 6 Plus. For the same screen, the S7 seems small & with elegant design. iPhones has boring design. Ivy should make a better design to compete with S7.

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I switched form 6 plus to s7 edge black . This screen is huge upgrade for me . Its the only worth upgrade and sick of boring iphone home screen . I got the phone for a week and when ever i change theme its new phone all over again . I like this and added 32gb pny turbo sd card . Lol for 12$ . This could be 100$ in iphone . Ans the camera is real eyecandy . I used to tune and edit images in iphone . In s7 edge all pics are already worth uploadin in social media .
So far well worth upgrade for me from iphone.