06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 ... 23456 ...
tools
    i received my S7 Edge very late Monday evening, around 8pm (!) via UPS, February 29th.
    after trying it out and rather satisfied by this excellent phone, something entirely odd happened today: i moved some pictures from my device memory to my sd card memory, these are the pictures from my camera. oddly, the "AUTO HDR" no longer is functioning! it would take NON-HDR pictures even though during the taking of the picture itself, the HDR auto words would appear on the screen just a split second prior to me taking the picture!

this is very distressing because when i actually change the mode from AUTO HDR to "HDR ON", the HDR does indeed really turn on. i took two pictures of the identical high contrast scene and i proved that my suspicion is indeed correct based on previous pictures. i proved it by taking several experimental pictures of the SAME high contrast scene with Auto HDR engaged versus HDR ON engaged.

i'm a big photography hobbyist and this camera is superb, hence part of my excitement about the S7 Edge. it was the moving of the pictures from my Device Memory to the SD card memory, and thus leaving no pictures on the "Camera Folder" on the device memory itself, that triggered this anomalous behavior!! this is really distressing.
    i don't want to have to reset my entire phone as it would mean an entirely start from scratch set up (UGH), a lot more work than what i had to do when i transferred the contents from my previous S6 Edge+ to this S7 Edge via the USB OTG cable and adapter plug!
    essentially, i now have an expensive phone and camera WITHOUT the Auto HDR functionality which is a huge part of what makes this camera a great camera under many challenging circumstances.

after doing more experimenting, i think that with HDR off, of course we get no HDR. with HDR at Auto, one gets a little of HDR implementation, but when you actually turn HDR to the "ON" position, you get the MOST HDR. so Auto HDR is really only part way HDR, not fully as one would expect.

not pleased and distressing.
    03-07-2016 09:03 AM
    My bluetooth audio to my headphones is really low and not working correctly any fix for this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That's sad that they haven't fixed that problem yet. I ran into this problem a couple of years ago when I moved from S3 to S5. Eventually found this app called "Volume Booster Pro" that helped to set the BT headphone volume to the same levels as wired. I was hoping that they would have fixed the problem two versions later but apparently not!
    Hope the app solution still works on the S7 version. Good luck!
    03-07-2016 09:15 AM
    I would prefer to not have the image burned into my screen?

And it won't as it moves all the time. These burn in stuff are totally stupid
    And you can turn off AOD if you're really worried about it.
    03-07-2016 10:48 AM
    How is this even possible??? New phone and Samsung pay is not even compatible?? Lmaoo..AT&T here

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread-70.jpg  
    03-07-2016 10:13 PM
    How is this even possible??? New phone and Samsung pay is not even compatible?? Lmaoo..AT&T here

Interesting. My S6 Active says the same thing and I assumed it was because of lack of fingerprint sensor. I hope ATT isn't phasing out Samsung pay.
    03-08-2016 12:08 AM
    Heat is just while the phone is downloading updates and syncing for the first time. Mine went away completely after a few hours and now it's running cool and smooth as a champ! LOVING the S7 edge...enormous improvement in smoothness and battery life from my S6 edge.
    Yes same here, when restoring my stuff from my Note 4 it go hot but nothing since. every now and then a bit lag here and there when scrolling but that's about it. Not sure I will ever try a water test lol. I have the At&t Gold S7 Edge. too early to talk about that battery, need to let it cycle a few times then but for right now it drains kinda fast. Again, too early on that.
    03-08-2016 01:22 PM
    I have the regular S7 but I am having a problem downloading things over wifi from Google play. I have cleared the cache and data and can still only download over phone data. It is not the wifi, I have Comcast business class that is 650mbps.
    I had the same Issue, couldn't download anything over wifi, now this only happened with google apps. everything else was working fine. I also have a guest wifi so decided to switch to that and well it worked fine so as far as a solution, I don't have one, well maybe try to change your wifi name.
    03-08-2016 01:34 PM
    After a few hours when trying to start the camera it failed with a message 'Warning camera failed....'
    The screen went black.

A factory reset solved it but why happen in the first place and on the first day of ownership?

I'll be watching out for this over the next few days. If it happens again I'll be sending it back for another one.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    03-08-2016 01:35 PM
    I had the same Issue, couldn't download anything over wifi, now this only happened with google apps. everything else was working fine. I also have a guest wifi so decided to switch to that and well it worked fine so as far as a solution, I don't have one, well maybe try to change your wifi name.
    This weird Wifi issues have been reported before with previous phones, Android versions and OEM, at least for most of those other reports, by simply changing the Wifi connection to IPv4 instead of the IPv6, it fixed most if not all issues. Try looking on your router for the Wifi settings and see if you can force it to only use IPv4.
    03-08-2016 01:40 PM
    After a few hours when trying to start the camera it failed with a message 'Warning camera failed....'
    The screen went black.

A factory reset solved it but why happen in the first place and on the first day of ownership?

I'll be watching out for this over the next few days. If it happens again I'll be sending it back for another one.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    Have you disabled any Samsung App? I think I remember a similar error on the Galaxy S5 and it was after I disabled some apps. Doing a Factory reset fixes because it puts back everything as it came from factory but be aware because if it's what I'm saying, if you go again and disable whatever app may be causing it, it will happen again.
    03-08-2016 01:42 PM
    Not happy!! Made sure i didn't restore a back to avoid any corruption issues...spend the day reinstalling apps , re inputing passwords.... and got the message camera failed too..

Done everything ,force stop,clear cache,boot in safe mode ...nothing
    Finnaly decided to do a factory reset.

Working but really unnecessary...now i feel i have to test the camera after any installation..!!!

now back to reinstalling!! ....Not cool!!!
    03-08-2016 02:20 PM
    Anyone using a verizon S7/S7e know how to turn off the requirement to have WiFi On to download large files?? Its freaking annoying.

please help, thanks!!
    03-08-2016 03:27 PM
    I picked up my Titanium Silver Edge+ for AT&T at Best buy yesterday along with the Case Mate Sheer Glam Case all was good until I took the case off now there are scratches on the back. My Titanium Silver s6 edge plus same case not a single scratch anywhere on it!! Anyone else have this problem? Back to Best Buy maybe I need a black one instead.
    03-08-2016 03:28 PM
    Have you disabled any Samsung App? I think I remember a similar error on the Galaxy S5 and it was after I disabled some apps. Doing a Factory reset fixes because it puts back everything as it came from factory but be aware because if it's what I'm saying, if you go again and disable whatever app may be causing it, it will happen again.
    Haven't disabled any applications at all. What I did different after the reset was not use smart switch to copy everything from my note 4 as I had wiped that phone. So I got my phone back to normal buy restoring from a backup I hard taken yesterday.

My S7 has been problem free. I have both.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Samsung Galaxy S7
    03-08-2016 03:48 PM
    I posted a message about screen unresponsiveness a few mins ago but somehow fat fingered the edit and deleted it.

I did some testing using double tap on a picture I took. There are two distinct areas of the screen that literally are almost non- responsive. Left and right sides about mid screen and the size of a quarter. Restarted the phone 3 times with no resolve or change. Most likely a hardware issue and will be exchanging tomorrow (hopefully).

Somewhat annoyed :/
    03-08-2016 10:01 PM
    Just google search the Samsung PAY Apk and install it manually it works like a charm and Even redeemed the free wireless charger offer
    inffy and hcorea65 like this.
    03-08-2016 10:14 PM
    I also have a guest wifi so I just tried that out and it works!! Unfortunately I am still unable to use pandora on my wifi and every time I leave the house I have to resign in to my wifi -_-
    03-08-2016 11:39 PM
    Just received my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge this morning, a UK model. The screen flickers a lot and is worse when you wake it up or use data/calls. I purchased it through the Samsung website. I contacted them as soon as I realised and they said they have no returns procedure set up, so the only thing they can do is refund me and I will have to purchase again....anyone else had this??
    03-09-2016 02:57 PM
    My screen did flicker at one point, especially in always on display mode. However, after restarting the phone, it seems to be fine.
    03-09-2016 04:05 PM
    Purchased my S7 Edge from Samsung's UK shop. Received it yesterday and after a few hours playing with it it froze up while trying the select focus mode on the camera. Eventually it went back to normal but today I started getting camera failed to initialise errors. Tried turning off and on and resetting but no luck. Did a hard reset and that really messed things up as when trying to input account details it kept asking for the owners account and went back to the beginning again and again. Samsung are collecting the phone tomorrow and refunding my money as 'they dont have a replacement scheme yet'...... 2nd time lucky??
    03-09-2016 04:05 PM
    There are many bugs on Android 6.0.1, i observed them in the Note 5 and they remain here as well.
    Camera app is unstable, sometimes i will tap on the camera icon to take picture and it will do NOTHING, that happen more than 10 times already.
    03-09-2016 05:47 PM
    silver edge - scuffs on bottom of the phone on the back.
    03-09-2016 07:18 PM
    silver edge - scuffs on bottom of the phone on the back.
    Nice to see I wasn't only one! I took mine back. Ordered a black one
    03-09-2016 07:20 PM
    My biggest pet peeve with this phone is the green edge on the two edges when looking at a white or light background its really noticeable. Thought just my phone, but looked the same on every one at Best Buy.
    03-09-2016 07:28 PM
    wow - do you think it is worth exchanging for another silver one?
    03-09-2016 07:30 PM
331 ... 23456 ...