Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

toptekjon

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Hoping we can get a thread for anyone experiencing problems with their new S7 Edge. This isnt a hate thread, I love my new phone. I am seeing a few possible issues though:

1. Straight from the box, the device is running very hot, only when screen is on. (yes, I've rebooted and closed all apps).
2. I tested the waterproofing by running under the faucet. Just a light flow of water, but AFTER fully drying and waiting for a good 30+ minutes to test, it did distort the speaker for a few hours, and the phone would freak out if I tried to plug in to charge. Again, it was FULLY dried and I waited 30+ minutes. It took a couple of hours for the cable charging to work again.
3. Turning on ULTRA power saving mode completely killed my google now launcher settings. Removed all widgets and shortcuts, other than 1 google folder. This may be a known issue, just mentioning it for others.

Again, I am LOVING this new phone. Every phone ever made has a few quirks. Just sharing info here :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
3. Turning on ULTRA power saving mode completely killed my google now launcher settings. Removed all widgets and shortcuts, other than 1 google folder. This may be a known issue, just mentioning it for others.

I believe this is normal. Ultra Power Saving Mode is supposed to turn the phone into a bare-bones phone with very few things available in order to save the most power.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I had some heating issues with my Note 5 for the first few days due to very heavy use right out of the box. It did balance out though.

Posted via the Android Central App

toptekjon

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I worded that poorly. I should have said that AFTER I turned ultra power saver off, it had trashed the google now launcher settings. So it may be a known issue, but it persists after resuming normal power mode.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It may be useful if posters could distinguish between the 2 models of Galaxy S7 Edge, which are the Global model with the octa core, Exynos, chipset and the U.S. and Chinese model which has the Qualcomm SnapDragon quad core chip.

ttieder

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is running hot and I have some scrolling lag and the screen sometimes doesn't feel responsive but other wise I love the the phone I might have to do a factory reset.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hearing a few reports of heat. One contributing factor is the new cooling spreading the heat around the back of the phone

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine is running hot and I have some scrolling lag and the screen sometimes doesn't feel responsive but other wise I love the the phone I might have to do a factory reset.

Hearing a few reports of heat. One contributing factor is the new cooling spreading the heat around the back of the phone

Please clarify whether you are using Snapdragon or Exynos model.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the new "Cooling" is not cooling so great?
I've also noticed the display models being unresponsive.

Any quality control issues with dings, dents or scratches along the outside frame?

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Heat is just while the phone is downloading updates and syncing for the first time. Mine went away completely after a few hours and now it's running cool and smooth as a champ! LOVING the S7 edge...enormous improvement in smoothness and battery life from my S6 edge.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Heat is just while the phone is downloading updates and syncing for the first time. Mine went away completely after a few hours and now it's running cool and smooth as a champ! LOVING the S7 edge...enormous improvement in smoothness and battery life from my S6 edge.

Can't get a better endorsement for this device when this guy was brutally honest about his S6 Edge last year. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Can't get a better endorsement for this device when this guy was brutally honest about his S6 Edge last year. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Ha! You remember me! ;) Good to see you here Adranalyne!!

I wanted to love my S6 edge but just couldn't. The S7 edge is everything the S6 should have been...perfect size screen, perfect feel in your hands, terrific battery life and very smooth operation. T-Mobile rocks for getting them out so early before the official release once again!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Ha! You remember me! ;) Good to see you here Adranalyne!!

I wanted to love my S6 edge but just couldn't. The S7 edge is everything the S6 should have been...perfect size screen, perfect feel in your hands, terrific battery life and very smooth operation. T-Mobile rocks for getting them out so early before the official release once again!

I got some hands on time at Best Buy (since I'm a frequent buyer, the people at the Samsung Experience side didn't mind letting me use one untethered) and I can attest to the size and in-hand feel. Coming from a Note 5, I think the thing that impressed me the most was the fact that it's quite a bit smaller with a larger battery, yet is only 0.2 inches less in display size. I'm glad you're happy with the battery life so far, though. You'd have to imagine that if the Note 5 has solid battery life, the S7 Edge with more efficient internals and a 600 mah larger battery would be even more impressive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo