Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have issues with WiFi. No Google services work on WiFi at all. When WiFi is turned off, all google services work(play store, movies, music). We have 2 phones and it ius doing the same thing on both.
If the rest works, then this isn't a WiFi issue but a Google Play issue. Try force stopping all Google Play apps and emptying app data for those.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Please guys: if you have WiFi or Bluetooth issues, please include the make and brand of your WiFi access point / router or the Bluetooth device you're connecting to as well. That might help figuring out incompatible device pairings.

cbsstone872

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Imported some of the apps from internal memory to SD card memory (large games) then when tried to access those games, the device couldn't find them. Uninstalled game(s). Redownloaded. Kept them on device. Guess I'm gonna just use the SD card for music and movies.

canadian75

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello. Sorry if subject has been already discussed but i noticed i have a problem on the internet browser (default one purple icon). I don't know why but when i am on google researching a link, if that link is a wikipedia link it will not open the page but redirect me to play store in order to download wikipedia app. This doesnt happen if i use another browser such as Chrome etc. And it doesnt happen even if use another search engine inside the default internet browser. So basically its confined to Google search engine inside the default internet browser. Any ideas?
S7Edge
thx

Last edited:

Redraider001

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Try clicking cancel instead of ok when the browser present you with an option regarding wikipedia or ecen for that matter you tube

Hello. Sorry if subject has been already discussed but i noticed i have a problem on the internet browser (default one purple icon). I don't know why but when i am on google researching a link, if that link is a wikipedia link it will not open the page but redirect me to play store in order to download wikipedia app. This doesnt happen if i use another browser such as Chrome etc. And it doesnt happen even if use another search engine inside the default internet browser. So basically its confined to Google search engine inside the default internet browser. Any ideas?
S7Edge
thx

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the ZAGG screen protector on and I am regularly noticing the screen not responding to a touch here and there - I did install Phone Tester, which shows that the screen is responsive, but this has become a major issue for me. Before I call Verizon, wanted to see if anyone is having this issue with a screen protector on.
I have the same issue. No screen protector. Annoying but not happening all the time.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Having some issues with the screen. Several times it has gone unresponsive while other times it is super sensitive and has ghost touches. This post was actually difficult to type because it was adding in random letters that I wasn't touching at the time

canadian75

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Try clicking cancel instead of ok when the browser present you with an option regarding wikipedia or ecen for that matter you tube

Hello and thx for reply. I dont have any options coming up on the browser. But if i simply make a research on google for a wikipedia page when i click the link it redirects me instantly to play store asking me to dwld wikipedia app. I dont want to avoid opening a wiki page, that is my goal :) I just don't want to be reidirected to dwld the app. Only way i can get through this is keeping finger on link untill a window opens asking me to open; open in new window; save link etc etc If i tap on open it will open correctly the link inside the browser to the wiki page.

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Imported some of the apps from internal memory to SD card memory (large games) then when tried to access those games, the device couldn't find them. Uninstalled game(s). Redownloaded. Kept them on device. Guess I'm gonna just use the SD card for music and movies.

See my other post. Had the same issue. I formatted the card and that seemed to fix the problem. Only tip is that apps with widgets need to be on internal storage.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello and thx for reply. I dont have any options coming up on the browser. But if i simply make a research on google for a wikipedia page when i click the link it redirects me instantly to play store asking me to dwld wikipedia app. I dont want to avoid opening a wiki page, that is my goal :) I just don't want to be reidirected to dwld the app. Only way i can get through this is keeping finger on link untill a window opens asking me to open; open in new window; save link etc etc If i tap on open it will open correctly the link inside the browser to the wiki page.

This happened to me. I was thinking why, why..

Posted via the Android Central App

Dwayne Batchelor

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I am having issue with gear vr on my S7 edge. The theter app for vimeo clips has extreme banding on everything but the movie theater screen , so chairs walls ceiling . I tried my note 5 this problem is not there is this a marshmallow bug or the phone can others test please thanks.

scottaco

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
This is my first Android phone. This is also the first non-removable battery device I've owned. Power and volume buttons stopped working. I don't know how to reboot without a restart app. They all seem to want me to root, and I don't know anything about that either.

Country_Gravy

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I used the connector to transfer everything from my S4 to S7 Edge. My Verizon, which I think should have been pre-installed don't show in the app drawer, but when I search they show up. Weird, huh? I can't put them on any of the screens because they only show under search. In the Play Store it says they are installed.

Anyone have a similar issue?

lyrisist35

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have had is with Google specific apps, i.e. Google Play store, Play Music. On WIFI, I cannot download anything, can't watch any Youtube videos or log into Play Music. Doesn't matter what WIFI it is, it will not work on WIFI. 4G LTE is great, but no WIFI. WIFI works great for everything else but Google Play apps.