I don't even have a S7 Edge and things i already don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this question sounds dumb but does this mean it's slightly smaller than 5.5 with the curve? Not that I care it's not a deal breaker at all just lore curious than anything else?

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you measure from corner to corner on the flat part of the screen, yes, I think that's slightly less than 5.5". If you measure from corner to corner of the entire screen, that's 5.5".

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
FWIW, all camera sensors are a 4:3 and not a 16:9. Any 16:9 is just cropping the sensor so I'll gladly take a 4:3 (full resolution of the sensor) and crop to fit my needs.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Screen seems much smaller than the note 5. Maybe 5.4"?
It appears to still have the same amount of bloat as the note 5.
No dual speakers.
Loss of IR
What audio chip is in it?
Camera is 4:3 so to use 16:9 you have to drop to 8mps?
Rumors of it getting warm. My Note 5 is always cool
Battery life may not be increased as much as I hoped for.
32gb. Samsung is the world leader in storage and they put the modern day 16gb

*Bloat does suck.
*Samsung just doesn't seem to think dual, not sure why?
*Yea I like IR but can live without it.
*Audio chip is a in house chip, sadly there were early rumors of the S7 Edge would have the Sabre 9018AQ2M but they were just that, rumors, not expecting dramatic improvements in audio quality( I listen to music with my Audio-Technica ATH-M50 & Bose QC15 HPs and actually been using a old iPhone 4 for purely music listening, sad to say no Android or Windows Phone I've heard comes close to its AQ, always makes me think wtf, why don't they give a damn about really good audio quality??)
*I like the new Camera, super fast load and focus.
*3600mah is pretty darn big, big jump from the S6 edge..(removable would have been sweet)
*SD slot fixes all storage issues, super happy to see it back.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, in truth the flat portion of the screen IS smaller than 5.5". That spec includes the curved sides of the screen.

The flat portion is narrower, but the height is exactly the same. I compared it with the iPhone 6s Plus the s7 edge replaced

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Seems clear that the topic is a bit toxic. Warnings have already been made, topic has run its course... Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non