S7 edge Battery life

jriordan

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is average at best…and the so called "fast charging" is slow.

Maybe I will do a factory reset as someone did above and see if battery improves. Of course the fast charge will never improve. Once you go Type C you never go back. Fast charge on my 6P is BLAZING fast!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is average at best…and the so called "fast charging" is slow.

Maybe I will do a factory reset as someone did above and see if battery improves. Of course the fast charge will never improve. Once you go Type C you never go back. Fast charge on my 6P is BLAZING fast!

I would say my 6P and S7 Edge charge at the same rate. As long as you're using the brick that came with the S7 Edge or some type of QC 2.0 brick it flies just as well (or close to) the 6P.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Coming from the V10 I can say the battery life is much better. I'm at 11 hours on with 4 hours SOT and 27% left. Charging however, is much slower than the V10.

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've done very little to specifically try to improve battery life. I disabled some of Samsung's and Sprint's apps, and turned of the option to update Google on my phone's status. I've let the auto powersave option run on some of my apps. But I've got location services turned on, along with AOD. My battery life has been stellar. Earlier I posted a screen shot showing 5 hours SOT with more than 40% battery left. Here's a different take. Yesterday was a buy day for me, so phone usage was light. But I got more than 24 hours of use and still had 1/3 of my battery left. I've never owned a phone that would last me more than a day. Heck, I'm not sure I've owned a phone that would last from morning until bedtime without charging.

Screenshot_20160324-115608.jpgScreenshot_20160324-115620 (1).jpg

lilmike304

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine because I felt my battery was weak. I was taking it off the charger at 530 am and after checking email and Facebook for 5 minutes it would be around 95%. It would only show about 13 hours of predicted battery life which is very subpar from reports. That's with it Bluetooth paired to a gear2 watch all the time. That is horrible compared to my iPhone 6 plus that was equally paired to an apple watch 24/7. I hope it was just a dud because with such a huge battery it is very disappointing.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I exchanged my s7 edge. The first week I had it the battery was amazing. Then after the update pushed out by tmobile the battery barely lasted a day of light usage. Much like you. After unplugging some Facebook, email checking and maybe a text the battery was down 5% after 10 mins or so. Also have a s2 connected on BT all the time. I have my new phone now with no update from tmobile it is doing so so so much better! With same scenario as above the battery was still on 100%!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What I get from reading this thread is the small increase in mAh has little bearing on actual battery life. Much more dependent on how we use our phones and the type screen and processor.

My razr maxx hd had much better battery life but the screen and processor use less power than modern phones. I remember it also drained unbelievably fast on weak signal like 25% in an hour. OTOH it got signal in places no other phone did.

My only point is I'm starting to think these battery life threads are almost pointless. Some users would get 2 days out of a 6 inch phone on one AAA alkaline battery and the rest of us are 3-4 hours sot.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I returned mine because I felt my battery was weak. I was taking it off the charger at 530 am and after checking email and Facebook for 5 minutes it would be around 95%. It would only show about 13 hours of predicted battery life which is very subpar from reports. That's with it Bluetooth paired to a gear2 watch all the time. That is horrible compared to my iPhone 6 plus that was equally paired to an apple watch 24/7. I hope it was just a dud because with such a huge battery it is very disappointing.

I exchanged my s7 edge. The first week I had it the battery was amazing. Then after the update pushed out by tmobile the battery barely lasted a day of light usage. Much like you. After unplugging some Facebook, email checking and maybe a text the battery was down 5% after 10 mins or so. Also have a s2 connected on BT all the time. I have my new phone now with no update from tmobile it is doing so so so much better! With same scenario as above the battery was still on 100%!

isnt facebook known for robbing battery power because it spies on you, and uploads your data?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

What did you end up getting? You can't base it off that 5 minutes because when the battery charges it never keeps it actually at 100% it cycles say between 95-100 to prevent damage to the battery. Even if it reads 100% off the charger it usually is not.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've come to the point where not everyone's battery is going to be the same. I've been up for an hour and went from a 100 to 89 and I now have emails syncing on my phone I don't know how often on my old phone I could pick how often and even if I didn't sync could open up mail and refresh it to download but for an hour mine says Android System 32% Screen 23% Android OS 17% and Google 15%. and App Optimization 11%. I had some updates and have texted a few people in the past hour but haven't done much to go from 100 to 89. But I am fine with topping my phone off here around 1:00 before I leave for work and charging it in the car and then I don't have to charge it at all at work. I always have a charger with me and I carry the wireless in my purse. I love this phone too much to return it cause someone got 1 Day or 17 hours and I am not. Everyone uses their phone different but I still think mine was better the 1st week I had it which an app could be causing it but I stay on wifi when I am home and mostly use my computer for forums and email. Going from 100 to 89 in an hour without using phone alot I know doesn't sound right but I love this phone and enjoy coming here and reading and getting tips and tricks.

Edit: I just noticed my location was on. Wondering if it has been on since last night when I went to dinner and used Swarm to check in. Anyway maybe that is why I went from 100 to 89 in an hour you think?

Last edited:

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I tweaked a few things, changed the mobile networks to the LTE/CDMA instead of global. I know it's never going to last that long, but when I check my battery, it gives me a estimate of 3 days of battery life. Never seen that before.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im getting a whole day plus on my S7 edge. And that includes many calls, texts, watching about 50 minutes of video, and listening to music. Its a battery lovers dream come true.

Posted via Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I can get 36 hours out of mine using it as I do with Bluetooth, WiFi, synching and other things on. Don't believe in switching things off to stretch the battery life. 36 hours is more than enough for me.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
This phones battery is crazy..

Look at this! Lol

Attachments

• 5091.jpg
    5091.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 176

Trending Posts

Forum statistics