Since T-Mobile customers got them early -- Does this mean we won't get our free VR from Samsung?

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I heard those gear vr are only limited , probably there are a million orders by now , what is the chance of getting gear vr for me ATT customer shiping will be around march 10 . Feeling jealous .

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I already posted how pissed I am about this in the s7 thread. I even asked Verizon if they would honor the deal if Samsung ran out. Verizon basically said that they don't care.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: This is not fair , only T MOBILE customers got their samsung s7/edges and they are the guys whoz

I doubt that they would run out.

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: This is not fair , only T MOBILE customers got their samsung s7/edges and they are the guys whoz

And also the free wireless charging dock , it will end on march 10. This is bs

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

There are about 200,000 vrs according what i heard , thats very narrow chance lookin at millions of pre orders

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

I already posted how pissed I am about this in the s7 thread. I even asked Verizon if they would honor the deal is Samsung ran out. Verizon basically said that they don't care.

Your last sentence says it all. They don't care about their customers.

What I don't understand is why did Samsung open this promo up one week before the official release date of the phones? And now even one day earlier.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

At least your not stuck with that lousy T Mobile service. :p

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

They want to play stupid games with our minds lol. T mobile and samsung

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

I doubt that they would run out.

The promo site states only 300,000 gifts first come basis. So ghe can and will run out.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The promo site states only 300,000 gifts first come basis. So ghe can and will run out.

It would be really bad Pr if they ran out before any Verizon users got theirs . I am guessing that Samsung is saying that just to entice people to buy early.

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Then why even list a limit of 300,000? This whole thing has the makings of a bad PR move. Unfortunately it is going to be us, the consumer that gets screwed.

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

I am switching from iphone 6s to samsung because of this vr promo , if it ended before i get one , i am gonna return this and will get myslf a lg v10

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

When am I supposed to be able to order my VR? I pre ordered the edge version yesterday. What else am I supposed to do?

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

U need to wait until u get the phone and enter the details on promo site

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I am switching from iphone 6s to samsung because of this vr promo , if it ended before i get one , i am gonna return this and will get myslf a lg v10
The problem is that Samsung says it could take 4-6 weeks to receive the Gear VR. What are they chances they let customers know they missed out within their return period? That is only 15 days for Verizon, I believe.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

So where do you find this wifi # at? I was looking at my Note 5 box and I don't see it on there. Since I will be out of town next week, I will have to get my wife to look for me and needed to know where to tell her?

Info below they are asking for...

Now we'll need a few details

To authenticate your Galaxy S7 edge purchase or lease under The Gear VR Offer, please upload a photo of your receipt. We’ll also need your new device’s IMEI number or HEX MEID and Wi-Fi MAC address.

Are you a business? Be sure to enter all device IMEI/MAC codes present on each receipt. If you have multiple receipts, you will have the opportunity to upload another receipt after you submit this one.

We’ll also need your new device’s IMEI number or HEX MEID and Wi-Fi MAC address.
Date of Purchase**
Month
Day
Year
WHERE TO FIND IMEI/MAC CODES WHERE TO FIND IMEI/MAC CODES
IMEI or HEX MEID**(i.e. 35575678901434)
Wi-Fi MAC Address** (i.e. A1:B2:C3:D4:E5:F6)
Add A Device

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Actually, from what I understand, each carrier has an allotment.

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Did anybody order their S7 or S7 Edge through Best Buy? I was told that they would have them on hand and that I would walk out of the store with VR and free SD card in hand with my new phone on release day. I'm with AT&T

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Actually, from what I understand, each carrier has an allotment.

For Verizon customets. I just got off the1 phone with Verizon and they confirmed for the second time, for me, that if you pre-ordered an S7 and want the S2 you will get one.
Will see next week what happens when i get my phone and register on the Samsung site.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Life isn't fair, now that you've been informed you're ready to be an adult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez