Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
If you check with PL they will probably tell you it is an additional level of approval that you had to go through and your 8 to 10 weeks will start from today. Seriously, don't think too much of it, I received a second approval for my S2, it came 3 days after I got the watch. Their e-mails are worthless.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I got the approval email today as well. This one is my first that I've actually received from them, never got the original back on 4/3. Maybe we are finally getting somewhere! (Or they want to start our 8 weeks over again!

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Exactly what I was told today. SUb 3-18, approved 3-31, never had a ship date. Today was told 6-8 weeks from last week , where they came up with that date I have no clue??

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I was told today. SUb 3-18, approved 3-31, never had a ship date. Today was told 6-8 weeks from last week , where they came up with that date I have no clue??

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Input your email and see what it says.

I had my ship date originally set at 4/1 and then they pushed it to 4/18. After that I had zero notifications regarding my shipment. 2 days ago it shows up on my doorstep and then they sent me the tracking # AFTER it had already arrived. Don't expect a shipping date or a tracking #. You're just going to have to wait until it shows up.

The4cris

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello All,

Here is my situation. I work for a business and I bought my S7 Edge on the Verizon's business webpage. I then went to PL website aka samsungpromotions.com and filled out the form for the free Gear 2 watch. Submitted the form fine and then got a response that my location code was invalid and to please re-submit the form. I re-submitted the form and it was approved with no problem. So like all of us I was constantly checking my status and my status finally change and it said I was approved. I called PL to make sure I was getting the S2 watch and they told me YES don't worry about it you're getting the watch. Well then over the next month I called back a few more time and got the same response YES to watch. THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOSE!!!!! I was then alerted that there was a glitch in the system and I'm now getting the VRs instead of the watch. So I called in and they reported that don't worry you're still getting the watch and to disregard the message. Called a few more times and got the same response. I got an email that my VRs had shipped. Thats nice, but I don't want the VRs!!!! I called them and they said that you should of got the S2 watch and they would have to have a supervisor get back to me. To make a long story short after talking to Verizon and PrizeLogic I am not getting the watch because my Location Code was not on the approved Location Codes sent from Verizon to PL. I talked to a Verizon rep and she stated that I was also supposed to fill out the form on https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/ when I bought the phone, I was supposed to get a PROMO Code and enter it into Verizons website. So after all this I received one VR and no watch. BS in my opinion. Any help on getting the watch would be greatly helpful.

I have spent hours talking to Verizon
Hours taking to PrizeLogic
Hours talking Samsung support

Anyone remember what that code was you entered on Verizon's webpage

All denied because of my location code M576101:mad::mad:

Thanks,
The4cris

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Update

I called PL and I got through relatively quickly. I was on hold for less than a minute. After giving the lady my email, phone number, and name, she pulled "my account". To my surprise, she:
-Accurately described the phones that I submitted. (A S7 & S7 Edge.)
-Accurately described the receipt that I submitted. (An email from Verizon.)
-Accurately described what gifts I had submitted for. (Two Gear S2s.)
-Accurately described my submit date. (3/11/16)
-Gave me the same approval date that I was emailed on. (4/7)
-Told me that my gift had been sent to fulfilment on 4/8.

After talking with the lady about my frustrations with waiting so long, she apologized for the long delay and stated that they had some ongoing tech issues. (In reference to how long my approval took and that fact that I'm still waiting.) I'm taking everything with a grain of salt and hoping that I should have my watches within the next two weeks...

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I got the approval email today as well. This one is my first that I've actually received from them, never got the original back on 4/3. Maybe we are finally getting somewhere! (Or they want to start our 8 weeks over again!

Don't hold your breath! I did not receive the email today , but I'm apart of the 4/18 club original submission date 3/10. PL says my approval date is 4/14.. so 10 weeks in and nothing....

Posted via the Android Central App

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
What is the location code for someone who has already gotten their s2? I'd like to compare mine please.

I dont think it matters as Samsung/PL is the only who can make any sense out of them. What is important though is that most submitters from 3/10 - 3/13 has been affected the most so any location code inside those dates were probably affected.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Don't hold your breath! I did not receive the email today , but I'm apart of the 4/18 club original submission date 3/10. PL says my approval date is 4/14.. so 10 weeks in and nothing....

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea, I'm a 3/9 submitter, but I never got an original approval email, so I have nothing to go on but them telling me 4/3, which I'm sure is not correct, but it's all I got. I'm in week 6 since that approval date, and then we got this email... So I guess we will just keep on waiting and see what happens.

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I have never had a ship date, has said approved and pending shipment since 4-1. When is check the status , says the same today. i check FDM and nothing. I was told they can escalate it after the 8th week, and that will take up to 2 weeks to escalate it

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I called PL again yesterday spoke to a nice guy who of course could not help me. I sub 3/11, 1st approval 3/13, 2nd approval ltr 4/7, date they say I was approved 4/6 and sent to shp 4/8. He said to me I had to give it 4- 6 weeks from the date it was sent to brightpoint which he said will be Friday and I should get it by then. I then proceeded to explain to him it is Wed and if I was going to receive it by Friday that I would have a shipping label created and I would be able to check FDM. Also that according to them I should then have a tracking number which I do not because my status still says pending. At that point he did not know what to say to me because he realized that there was no way I was getting it on Friday, so I told him to please give me a supervisor. None was available at that time, he agreed with me that something seems to have gone wrong since I have not received anything or any shipping notification. Said he will have a supervisor call me, I will not hold my breath.

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I have never had a ship date, has said approved and pending shipment since 4-1. When is check the status , says the same today. i check FDM and nothing. I was told they can escalate it after the 8th week, and that will take up to 2 weeks to escalate it

If you can get a supervisor to escalate it then they will have to call you back within 4 business days.

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I must have spoke to the same guy yesterday, I demanded a supvr. He found one, but took 1/2 hr. That did not matter, still no outcome. The last spvr I spoke with was fired-or so they say.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
They can/will not escalate until the last day of the 8th week, then it takes up to 10 days for them to research it

Then they will tell you after they research it it will take 8 weeks from that date to process, so 6 months later and page 500 of this site we will still be waiting lol.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
It's our official 6 weeks from the Approval Email day! Congratulations because according to PrizeLogic (official submission processing company for all things promotional) we are ALL going to receive S2s within the next 2 weeks!! Yes, you can count on that because, as we all know, Prize Logic said it, so it's true! Keep in mind that they had to resolve a few location code errors, mishaps in actually sending out the correct 'gift', technical issues, backorders, and sadly were unable to find a contact number for the 'fulfillment company', but no worries....again....Do Not Worry. Within the next two weeks, your status will be updated with your shipping information, you will be sent an email with tracking numbers, and you will find your 'gift' waiting at your door. All this pi%%!n' & moaning' and the whole time we just needed to be patient & trust Prize Logic. I dunno about you, but I feel better.

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I called PL again yesterday spoke to a nice guy who of course could not help me. I sub 3/11, 1st approval 3/13, 2nd approval ltr 4/7, date they say I was approved 4/6 and sent to shp 4/8. He said to me I had to give it 4- 6 weeks from the date it was sent to brightpoint which he said will be Friday and I should get it by then. I then proceeded to explain to him it is Wed and if I was going to receive it by Friday that I would have a shipping label created and I would be able to check FDM. Also that according to them I should then have a tracking number which I do not because my status still says pending. At that point he did not know what to say to me because he realized that there was no way I was getting it on Friday, so I told him to please give me a supervisor. None was available at that time, he agreed with me that something seems to have gone wrong since I have not received anything or any shipping notification. Said he will have a supervisor call me, I will not hold my breath.

i have basically all the same dates as you (off by 1 day) but my call early this week said arrival June 3-10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch