05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 136137138139140 ...
tools
    I can close this out on my side as my last 2 just showed up .. no fedex notice (via app or email). In fact these two could have bee sitting my porch for the past week +/-. Most who are waiting for the S2 know that the S2 is not much but since it was offered for free the wait is more about 'give us what you said you would'. In any event I would venture to bet that if you submitted within the time frame of the offer and had your details in order (correct loc code etc...) you will eventually get your S2's.
    Attached Thumbnails Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-gears2lastones.jpg  
    06-10-2016 08:12 PM
    Got home opened my watches and noticed they are Dark gray and bluetooth. I remember people that received theirs weeks ago have black and 3g correct?
    The ones I got this week are definitely 3G. I'd be sure to call Samsung on that one.
    06-10-2016 08:30 PM
    So let's all send our positive energy to Wheresmys2, Aberobert and AEJ123...that a label shows up in Federal Express tonight. They waited long enough and some submitted before us. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 3 of you.
    Hey don't forget about me! Granted 3/13 submission but still! Lol
    06-10-2016 08:34 PM
    Hey don't forget about me! Granted 3/13 submission but still! Lol
    I hope the rest of the early submitters get tracking soon. submitted 3/10 Approved 4/7 got tracking in the in the morning. fingers crossed for you guys and gals

Posted via the Android Central App
    TammyH66 and wheresmys2 like this.
    06-10-2016 09:06 PM
    Ugh just called fedex no package for me.

So I banged this out to a Samsung exec

"I am a participant of the Samsung Galaxy S7 launch promotion in where I was to receive free Samsung gear s2 with purchase. As of June 10th I have waited three months for my promotional product and have not received it.

If I had known that fulfillment of this promotion was going to take or more months to receive my promotional products I would not have participated.

Original Terms and Conditions of the agreement outlined a six to eight week window for delivery. I now continue to wait at 13 weeks.

You may wonder as to what has happened and you will attempt to gather information from the subcontractor Prizelogic. They will tell you that overwhelming demand for the participation of the promotion has caused delays.

The overwhelming demand is the result of the promotion being too successful and out pacing the supply of Gear s2s available for promotion. The original terms and conditions outlined and limited quantity of 35000 Gear S2s available for this promotion. Sometime around March 15th Prizelogic closed down the availability of the Gear S2 promotion.

One can only speculate that Prizelogic knowing the quantity of Gear S2 available did this purposely. The next day the promotion for the Gear S2 was available again.

This decision made by Samsung to re-open the promotion created the overflow of promotion participants.

This overflow resulted in a miss order of product fulfillment into where another subcontractor Brightpoint in this case did not and continues to not abide by the terms and conditions and send the promotional product to participant in a first come first serve order.

Resulting in a situation where people, myself included, who submitted the correct relevant paperwork to the promotion, are not receiving the promotional products before people who submitted after them.

On the internet there are various testimonials of participants who submitted on the last day of the promotion who have received their products while participants like myself who submitted one day after launch have not.

This situation is a clear violation of the terms and conditions of the promotion caused by decisions made by Samsung.

Attempts to have the available customer service representatives to remedy the situation have not been successful.

The result is loss customer confidence, although being a long time customer purchasing many products of Samsung branding, I personally will not buy another Samsung product if this situation is not remedied immediately.

The solution, contact the customer service division and instruct them if contacted to upgrade the early participants (submissions 3/8 through 3/15) products to the Gear S2 classic if desired and offer a free Gear VR for the difficulty. Use Samsung.com to fulfill the order offer free next day shipping.

I hope that this situation is remedied in so far that I really do enjoy many products from the Samsung line especially from the washer, dryer and refrigerator products and do plan on buying a new house in this year and was looking forward to the increased communication of the new Samsung products.

Thank you for your time"

I Don't expect a response back I think of it more like practice, somday I'll just type out a shorter and more succinct summery that might actually get results
    06-10-2016 09:28 PM
    Sorry for any early submitters I left out. I am sending positive thoughts to all of the early submitters who still have not received shipping info. My fingers are crossed for all of you.
    06-10-2016 10:05 PM
    So let's all send our positive energy to Wheresmys2, Aberobert and AEJ123...that a label shows up in Federal Express tonight. They waited long enough and some submitted before us. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 3 of you.
    I would like my watch too
    wheresmys2 and whholder like this.
    06-11-2016 09:14 AM
    HOLY CRAP! LABEL CREATED IN FDM! 2.6lbs

(Edit: Submitted 3/13)
    TammyH66 and lbaeurtehn like this.
    06-11-2016 09:46 AM
    How come 3/18 submitter gets 2 Gear S2 before 3/14 submitter, no offense to him/her, but really SAM.
    PL say's they will "for sure get me a tracking information next mid week" and Samsung Promotion site status says "Estimate Shipping: 5/8/16".

As of other waiter for Gear S2, according to PL "the promotion offer was extended to provide more S2 devices than originally in stock. At the moment, Samsung is working to manufacture new devices to be allocated toward this promotion. As soon as they arrive at the shipping company Samsung contracts"

Is Gear S2 3g better than Bluetooth version?
    06-11-2016 11:03 AM
    I personally think customer who are waiting for Gear S2 still, should additionally get something for this hassle of course by Samsung.
    06-11-2016 11:14 AM
    I decided I've put too much time and energy into this whole crappy debacle. For ease of mind I have decided I am not going to believe that I will receive a watch. It was all a nightmare and now I'm awake. I do feel like I was tricked into buying the phone. The lies and deceit that has come from the mouths of each company makes my stomach churn. I've already paid off the edge 7 and now I'm shopping for new service. I feel like a slave to those Bastards! Maybe I've felt like I've been held hostage. As much as I have liked my Samsung products it's time for me to try something new. They don't own me. And since they do not adhere to their own promises and customer satisfaction? Well I have nothing to adhere to as well. All of the phone companies suck but I am going to research what's best for me. Thank you all for listening. I'm going out now to buy a new battery for my Timex. I'd been putting that off for a long time thinking the gear watch would arrive someday. : ) Bless you all.

AEJ123, wheresmys2 and Up Down like this.
    06-11-2016 12:22 PM
    I decided I've put too much time and energy into this whole crappy debacle. For ease of mind I have decided I am not going to believe that I will receive a watch. It was all a nightmare and now I'm awake. I do feel like I was tricked into buying the phone. The lies and deceit that has come from the mouths of each company makes my stomach churn. I've already paid off the edge 7 and now I'm shopping for new service. I feel like a slave to those Bastards! Maybe I've felt like I've been held hostage. As much as I have liked my Samsung products it's time for me to try something new. They don't own me. And since they do not adhere to their own promises and customer satisfaction? Well I have nothing to adhere to as well. All of the phone companies suck but I am going to research what's best for me. Thank you all for listening. I'm going out now to buy a new battery for my Timex. I'd been putting that off for a long time thinking the gear watch would arrive someday. : ) Bless you all.

Your Timex is probably worth more in any event - get the battery and never look back.
    06-11-2016 12:54 PM
    3/10 submitter and today FDM shows a label created. Estimated delivery 6/16. Maybe there is hope then. 1.6 lbs, so probably the gear VR, but that is what I was expecting since I accepted the $200 eCert. First in, on the bottom of the pile. Hope that means that other early submitters will be receiving their watches shortly. Shipping by Brightpoint C/O Time Warner from Plainfield IN.

I don't know if it coincidence or not. Just Wednesday sent an email complaint to Vice President of Strategic Marketing at Verizon. Their Exec Response team called me on Thursday after they had called PrizeLogic. Now on Saturday there is a shipping label....makes me go "hmmmmmmm"
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-11-2016 02:07 PM
    How come 3/18 submitter gets 2 Gear S2 before 3/14 submitter, no offense to him/her, but really SAM.
    PL say's they will "for sure get me a tracking information next mid week" and Samsung Promotion site status says "Estimate Shipping: 5/8/16".

As of other waiter for Gear S2, according to PL "the promotion offer was extended to provide more S2 devices than originally in stock. At the moment, Samsung is working to manufacture new devices to be allocated toward this promotion. As soon as they arrive at the shipping company Samsung contracts"

Is Gear S2 3g better than Bluetooth version?
    The 3G version is thicker and heavier, but if you want a phone on your wrist, the 3G is required. Will also require activiation. But Verizon has been waiving activation fees for some, because of the promotion hassle. I used the $200 eCert toward purchase of the S2 Classic bluetooth, which is what I wanted anyway.
    06-11-2016 02:10 PM
    The 3G version is thicker and heavier, but if you want a phone on your wrist, the 3G is required. Will also require activiation. But Verizon has been waiving activation fees for some, because of the promotion hassle. I used the $200 eCert toward purchase of the S2 Classic bluetooth, which is what I wanted anyway.
    Is the promotional Gear S2 bluetooth? Hoping it is.
    06-11-2016 05:13 PM
    Is the promotional Gear S2 bluetooth? Hoping it is.
    No. It's 3G. Or its supposed to be.
    06-11-2016 05:15 PM
    un tethered(3G) is about the only feature that stands out on the S2 - if you dont need 3G there are multiple better digi watch options imo.
    06-11-2016 06:00 PM
    Hoping the new batch of Gear S2 for promotion are bluetooth *fingers crossed*
    06-11-2016 06:53 PM
    Hoping the new batch of Gear S2 for promotion are bluetooth *fingers crossed*
    I'm hoping not... The 3G is the whole reason I did this promo...
    06-11-2016 07:07 PM
    Holy Cow label created. 2.6 lbs 3/17 submitter. It had better be watches. Does anyone know if this weight is for 2 watches..
    06-11-2016 07:35 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5150469
    Holy Cow label created. 2.6 lbs 3/17 submitter. It had better be watches. Does anyone know if this weight is for 2 watches..
    From Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge thread, 0.9 lbs is Gear S2
    0.9 * 2 = ~1.8 lbs [2 Gear S2 weight]

stleusc also got 2.6 lbs label which turned out to be 2 Gear VR :L
    06-11-2016 09:32 PM
    I have 2 coming, I assume and fed ex shows 1.6 lbs you sure you read it right?

06-11-2016 09:32 PM
    From Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge thread, 0.9 lbs is Gear S2 and
    1.4 lbs is Gear VR.

0.9 * 2 = 1.8 lbs [2 S2]
    1.4 * 2 = 2.8 lbs [2 VR]
    yeah that was my math for the watches. 1 watch at 0.7 lbs x2 plus the box it's coming in at 0.2 lbs

06-11-2016 09:36 PM
    I'm hoping not... The 3G is the whole reason I did this promo...
    I am fine with that too, as long as I get S2 :P
    oks10 likes this.
    06-11-2016 09:47 PM
    I have 2 coming, I assume and fed ex shows 1.6 lbs you sure you read it right?
    You getting S2?
    06-11-2016 09:49 PM
4,281 ... 136137138139140 ...