Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we can rely on the weight to determine VR or S2. I remember the first few rounds of S2 watches the weight was 2.3lb. Good luck to all receiving deliveries this week.:confused:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but there are SOME people here who submitted for S2's, never received confirmation that they would definitely get the S2, and are now getting the VR? I know there are others who were confirmed but switched, that is a different story. What I'm trying to say is that though you may have submitted for the S2, you may not have been approved and may very well be getting the VR as your rightful gift. Just my two sense, we need to keep this tally of those who were confirmed to receive S2's and received Vr's separate from those who submitted for S2's and are set to receive VR's. As I stated earlier, will hopefully be updating within the next two days as to whether or not FedEx stuck to their word on date of delivery, and if so, which gift I receive. Submitted for the S2 on 3/10, approved 3/12. Received confirmation email that I would be getting the S2, also had 4 PrizeLogic reps confirm my gift to be the S2. Good luck to all over this next week.

Probably would also be beneficial if a tally was kept to show which approval was received and if you were shipped S2 or VR after confirmation of approval either before March 18th like this one......

there was 2 types of approval emails sent out..... one formatted prior to when they listed the S2 as out of stock and then the amended approval email after they removed the "out of stock" and added the S2 back to the options on the submission page on March 18th

"Hello Edward,

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is April 8, 2016."

or after March 18th when they offered the $100 credit as an exception and extended the waiting date like this one.......

"Hello Edward,

for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number."

because there will be a backlash if they are changing peoples submissions after it was approved and they offered the $100 credit and approved the S2 submission with the caveat they put in of extended delay into summer 2016 after they relisted the S2 as back in stock and changed the fine print in the terms of eligibility, especially with the fact that they have not honored the "first come first serve" in the fine print after amending them......

there should be more info on if they are taking the liberty to substitute the S2's tomorrow and if 1.4lbs is representative of this as there have been no shipments received on Mondays via fedex home delivery..... it seems the first round of S2 deliveries was listed at 2.4lbs and the 2nd round was at .9lbs... will have more information tomorrow if the recent 1.4lb shipments have any correlation for what seems to be a third round of shipments.....

Last edited:

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I submitted 3-10-16 for 2- gear S2s
Was approved 4-13-16 for 2-gear S2s
Received 2 separate emails same day for approval copied and pasted below (times 2)

Your Submission Has Been Approved!

Hello Shawn,

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number.

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
After readying others experiences on a few different forums, talking to Prize Illogical, and reading between all the very blurry lines, this is what I believe is happening:

If you got this email:

Your Submission Has Been Approved!

Hello XXXXX,

You will be getting the S2 - someday...

If you ever got this email like I, and many others, did:

Hello XXXXX,

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved; however because the
purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
bundle. We will ship your Samsung Gear VR to the mailing address you
provided when registering for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is
April 18, 2016.

Then you are getting a Gear VR. Yes, even though you called and they told you it was a mistake, and you are still getting a Gear S2 - you were lied to. Even though like me you don't have any sort of business account, bought the device online, and did everything you were supposed to, for some reason we get a Gear VR. I called two separate times questioning the email and was told disregard the email - you are approved and will be receiving the S2. I even got this reply from support:

Hello,
Thank you for the inquiry. I have looked over your claim and see you’re approved for the Gear S2. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Thank you,
Prizelogic support

More lies.

Screw this promotion. Screw Samsung. First Samsung device since the Galaxy Nexus, and now my last.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
These people at prize logic are idiots. I have called and confirmed I would be receiving Gear S2 on two separate occasions. After receiving a tracking number in fedex shipping manager at 1.4lbs, I pretty much knew I was getting the Gear VR, which will be delivered tomorrow. The rep at Prize logic again "confirmed that I would receive a Gear S2 and it would ship soon". I told her it had already shipped and appeared to be a Gear VR. After holding for her to talk to a supervisor magically she said I had been changed to a Gear VR because Samsung had no more Gear S2s. I told her that a Gear VR was not equal or greater value than a Gear S2 and she proceeded to argue with me that they were the same price and Samsung had the right to substitute. I gave up arguing with them and requested a supervisor call back. A call I'll never receive I'm sure.
Their own dang Terms and Conditions even say they're not the same value... They literally say what each is worth!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If they really switch out S2s with VRs (which goes against the actual text of their terms and conditions) what action can we actually take? (I just downloaded that SOB so I have proof. Lol.)

zachatx

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Update to add to this growing knowledge base:

PrizeLogic rep told me that it looks like I was switched from S2 to VR because my receipt showed an in store purchase. Told her this was an error. She escalated and said I would hear back in 3-5 days.

Called back later. Rep and her supervisor looked deeper and said (ha) that I was getting the watch.

This morning there is a label in FedEx Delivery Manager from them for 1.4 lbs. Not 0.9 lbs but not 2.4 lbs either. So I guess I'll find out in the next week.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
No movement on mine today. Still at Label Created for 0.9lb package with a delivery date by the end of today. Status page still showing shipping date pending and I got 2 emails that says I was approved for the S2. The original one and a second email that I got on 4/7. Hope they don't switch me lol.

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Well...I just caught the Fedex guy in my work place...he also does my hometown. Got my 1.4lb package. I can confirm...it's a VR. I still have an S2 on order. I had two submissions and put in for one of each. The other submission continues to sit in pending mode. Submitted 3/12.

VR.jpg

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just can't see how they're able to switch out S2's with VR's (assuming it actually happens, we haven't had anyone confirm this yet) Last I checked $100 + $50 is not equal to or greater than $300...
Untitled.png

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Submitted on 3/8. Confirmed the 1.4 LB package in FedEx is the VR through PrizeLogic. Called Samsung and they just talked to someone at PrizeLogic and told me the same thing, "We ran out of watches so we are sending you the VR". I don't understand how I submitted so early and got shafted out of the watch. Does anyone know of anything I/everyone else this happened to can do or are we SOL?

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Submitted on 3/8. Confirmed the 1.4 LB package in FedEx is the VR through PrizeLogic. Called Samsung and they just talked to someone at PrizeLogic and told me the same thing, "We ran out of watches so we are sending you the VR". I don't understand how I submitted so early and got shafted out of the watch. Does anyone know of anything I/everyone else this happened to can do or are we SOL?

Yeah...I already got a VR...I sure as hell don't need another. I want my Watch!!!

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

What phone number / department did you contact @ Samsung. We need to flood them with complaints. Prize Illogical isn't going to do anything. Gonna have to make waves with Samsung.

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
What phone number / department did you contact @ Samsung. We need to flood them with complaints. Prize Illogical isn't going to do anything. Gonna have to make waves with Samsung.

Their Customer Service Number (18009267864). Probably going to send an email highlighting items in their Terms & Conditions at some point. Not that it matters. I wish I would've known this sooner. I'll probably just go out and buy the watch today cause I really want it

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Their Customer Service Number (18009267864). Probably going to send an email highlighting items in their Terms & Conditions at some point. Not that it matters. I wish I would've known this sooner. I'll probably just go out and buy the watch today cause I really want it

If you are seriously thinking about buying it check swappa, there are a quite a few available there.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure a flood of BBB claims might get a response... If I get 2 VR's instead of the 2 S2's that I've had them confirm more than once that I'd be receiving then I'm going to raise hell. They CANNOT make that replacement according to THEIR OWN Terms and Conditions. We had to follow all their little rules and they should have to do what they state they can do in that document. Those two items are NOT equal value and saying that they are is a bold faced lie. I'd like to see someone walk into Verizon and ask to be sold a S2 for 100 bucks...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
This is discouraging for everyone that has waited so long, all the people that had to wait for their backordered phones as well were given false hope when they amended the terms and conditions on March 19th where people had to reluctantly accept that their gift might not come until the summer but at least it was still an option ...... it looks like this will come down to looking at legal options to seek any remedy eventually and information provided here will be very helpful from the community. What will be interesting now that it seems people are randomly being selected and their approvals changed from an S2 to a VR is if more people next week keep getting S2's delivered while today some people declaring they were shipped a VR instead...... 3 things are very concerning with this promo and that is the first come first serve declaration, the equal or greater value notion and that an email was sent confirming submissions were APPROVED for a S2 to only have it changed without notice and no option for the $100 credit exception after the fact. This will get very interesting if more people start getting S2's delivered after today.

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Do you guys think its worth trying to get something together showing how we've collectively been cheated in this deal? I understand its free but don't make promises you can't keep.