Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes it does have it to do with it being a "free" item. Because if you just bought the phone to get the watch, you should have just bought the watch outright. It costs less than half of what the phone does.

Where are you even getting the idea that people bought the phone thinking "screw the phone, I just want the watch"?? You'd have to be stupid to do that because of the reason you just said. I'm fairly certain that most, if not all, of us that bought it with the watch in mind did so because of the value of the watch PLUS phone. It's be no different than if someone took advantage of the bogo deal going on right now only to get the second phone arriving 8 weeks later and end up being a S6...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes it does have it to do with it being a "free" item. Because if you just bought the phone to get the watch, you should have just bought the watch outright. It costs less than half of what the phone does.

Your logic makes no sense.... I already had the watch before the phone even had a release date...

I purchased 3 S7's because of the promo and the value of the promotion to offset the cost of my purchases for my family. If verizon had offered a free 32gb SD card instead, there are 3 less S7's they would have sold. The monetary value of the offer was the catalyst of many peoples purchase regardless if they wanted the watch or not or in my case ALREADY had the watch prior.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I did not mean anything bad by saying this was a "free" thing. In my opinion that is what Samsung, Prize Logic and Verizon is thinking, this is a promo for a free item (the S2) and if they get something else (the VR) for free we should be satisfied.

I am not satisfied. I did what I was suppose to do, pre order the phone before 3/11, received phone on 3/11 and did the submission right away. I was willing to wait the 6 weeks (even thought from the start thought it was a long waiting period). Did not get upset until I saw people receiving the watches that submitted and purchased after me. If everyone who submitted before me got their watches first, even weeks before me even if they submitted only a day or 2 before me, I would not be that upset.

They said first come first serve and limited quantity, so how do they give the people who submitted after us watches? If all of us who were promised the watches get it eventually I will deal with the delay. It was not fair but someone made a mistake in the way this was handled. If we do not get the watches then we need to as a group try to do something. It is a waiting game.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Where are you even getting the idea that people bought the phone thinking "screw the phone, I just want the watch"?? You'd have to be stupid to do that because of the reason you just said. I'm fairly certain that most, if not all, of us that bought it with the watch in mind did so because of the value of the watch PLUS phone. It's be no different than if someone took advantage of the bogo deal going on right now only to get the second phone arriving 8 weeks later and end up being a S6...

"Originally Posted by RockyMin View Post
Yes it does have it to do with it being a "free" item. Because if you just bought the phone to get the watch, you should have just bought the watch outright. It costs less than half of what the phone does."-------------------------

"It's be no different than if someone took advantage of the bogo deal going on right now only to get the second phone arriving 8 weeks later and end up being a S6..."

Correct!...

Probably best to just let the troll troll, just saw the posts in other threads and apparently using the same logic my 9 yr old would use... no use trying to explain semantics and principle.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering if this mass email only went out to the 35,000 who are actually approved for the S2. Starting to seem like those who are getting switched to the VR have received an email stating that they're being switched to the VR for whatever reason and those who have only received email approval of the S2 will still be getting an S2 just delayed

I don't think PL worked down the first "35000" in chronological order at all.

I think they started working to review the submissions one day from the top of the pile and thinking they would work it down to the first submission but never got there and then realized they had done more than 35000.

Leaving the first submissions un worked.

If they had followed there own policy with the first come first serve method. They could just say everyone from this point on can go blow but they messed up somewhere leaving the first in people saying WTF.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I did not mean anything bad by saying this was a "free" thing. In my opinion that is what Samsung, Prize Logic and Verizon is thinking, this is a promo for a free item (the S2) and if they get something else (the VR) for free we should be satisfied.

I am not satisfied. I did what I was suppose to do, pre order the phone before 3/11, received phone on 3/11 and did the submission right away. I was willing to wait the 6 weeks (even thought from the start thought it was a long waiting period). Did not get upset until I saw people receiving the watches that submitted and purchased after me. If everyone who submitted before me got their watches first, even weeks before me even if they submitted only a day or 2 before me, I would not be that upset.

They said first come first serve and limited quantity, so how do they give the people who submitted after us watches? If all of us who were promised the watches get it eventually I will deal with the delay. It was not fair but someone made a mistake in the way this was handled. If we do not get the watches then we need to as a group try to do something. It is a waiting game.

Tammy no one was saying you said anything bad when you mentioned a "free" thing, the furor was in response to another post suggesting that people were silly to get the phone if all they wanted was the watch they should have purchased the watch. In your first post you stated that you purchased on the phone and not online is that correct or was that a typo?

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get that email either...Only the one stating that I had a business acct (lies) and confirmation that that email was a glitch and I would still get the S2 (more lies)

Apprently not a glitch from what i can tell. Don't even trust whatever PL tells you, they just look at a computer with wrong or missing information anyway. They seem to sit in different booths not aware of what the other agents are telling.

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally talked to a supervisor @ Prize Logic and that went nowhere. She is sticking to the story that there is no availability of S2 watches and that is why people are getting Gear VRs. She agreed that the Gear VR was not equal or greater value to the S2 and recommended I talk to Samsung about it. Two calls to Samsung have got me nowhere. Samsung continues to say to talk to Prize Logic. I told them after 5 calls to Prize Logic I wanted to talk to a supervisor @ Samsung. After waiting 30 minutes for a supervisor, they disconnected me. :mad:

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ahhhhh I preordered my s7 received it on 3-10, immediately submitted my claim. I called 2 days later to confirm that everything was good. PL SAID NOW you just have to wait. Ok fast forward after different status changes and phone calls i finally received an email 4-18 5 ×
Weeks after intially being approved that i may have to wait.. but everything said S2 S2 S2 nothing said VR.. I am now in my 7th week and and all I know is that my status is pending. Fedex has nothing coming to me and PL said that my watch is sitting waiting to be shipped. I only upgraded because of the watch.. I will not stop until someone fixes my problem. 1 more week and I'm gtfo..

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
If a spreadsheet is being done to collect data do you want to include the date the order went to fulfillment? You'd have to call and ask and since I got a date (4/20) from them it should be available. I'm interested in processing time at fulfillment. I am also interested if someone volunteers to call and ask, is who decides gift substitution, is it the fulfillment center or PL? I'm curious to know if they can still switch me to VR after the order went to fulfillment for the S2.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
"Originally Posted by RockyMin View Post
Yes it does have it to do with it being a "free" item. Because if you just bought the phone to get the watch, you should have just bought the watch outright. It costs less than half of what the phone does."-------------------------

"It's be no different than if someone took advantage of the bogo deal going on right now only to get the second phone arriving 8 weeks later and end up being a S6..."

Correct!...

Probably best to just let the troll troll, just saw the posts in other threads and apparently using the same logic my 9 yr old would use... no use trying to explain semantics and principle.

Ah yes, resort to insults. Typical of someone like you.

deh2004

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I am pretty much in the same boat. I submitted on March 9th, and called to verify on the 11th. EVERYTHING was good to go and just had to wait the stipulated time frame. I also received the FINAL approval email on 4/18. Fed ex manager shows nothing, and PL Reps have no other answer than, "Both of your watches are approved, and we are waiting for them to be shipped." Mind you, I have gone back and forth from "processing for delivery," to "in route" about 13 times. I know it is free, and I can wait patiently. However, the fact remains that it was not processed in order, or any order that makes logical sense unless you work for PL. I have been a participant in other promotions ran by PL, and I can say, this is the WORST. The processing and lack of communication from process to fulfillment, is rather sad. How my neighbor, who purchased and submitted 9 days after me, has had his watch for two weeks is baffling. For those that have received their items, I am happy. I shall sit and wait patiently for the day I can enjoy my watch, while avoiding ANY future promotion run by PL. =/

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I also just spoke with PL. The rep I spoke to this time was by far the most knowledgeable that I have gotten. According to her, Samsung directed them to give the VRs out even though you were approved for a S2. She also agreed that the way this has been handled is wrong on so many levels...from the not giving out the watches First Come First Served basis, telling people they are still getting the S2, then a VR shows up on their doorstep, substituting a "gift" that is half the value of the "gift" promised, changing the "rules" in the middle of the promo, etc. She scheduled a supervisor call back...but that, I'm sure, will go nowhere...Sadly, I would not put too much faith in the emails you have received stating you are getting the S2...I hope you do, but I would not bet on it.

For me, if Verizon doesn't make it right, I'll switch and take my $1,500.00 a month phone bill elsewhere. I'm just tired of these big companies thinking they can do whatever they want and us lemmings will just sit around and take it...it's just the point...I don't lie to people, and I won't tolerate people/companies that lie to me...The problem is that we, as consumers, keep supporting these companies...I have made it my personal goal to hit them in the wallet...money is all they understand.

I know someone was talking about making a spreadsheet, my details are. Submitted on 3/8/2016, estimated shipping date 04/1/2016.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
For me, if Verizon doesn't make it right, I'll switch and take my $1,500.00 a month phone bill elsewhere.

Absolutely! Specifically “Verizon Wirelesss.com” when it comes to the watch promotion. I is in no way the customers fault that PrizeLogic screwed up the fulfillment so badly.

When I bought my phones there was a first come first serve, limited quantity REBATE for a free Gear S2 smart watch.

Buy a phone get a watch if you were fast and got in line first.

The promotion was not for a “Your name is entered into a DRAWING for a free watch OR gear VR”

Regardless of what went wrong. It was Verizon Wireless who subcontracted Prizelogic. It might have been Prizelogics fault in not telling Verizon Wireless to stop the promotion when it had reached its quota that’s an internal conflict between Verizon Wireless and Prizelogic. Verizon Wireless was the point of sale thus ultimately misled consumers and must have the final blame placed at their feet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000