Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

78standards

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
..assuming this means success
"Thanks, we've received your Offer claim for The Gear VR Offer!
Once we've approved your Offer Claim Form, we’ll send you a confirmation email*.
Please allow approximately 4 - 6 weeks for review of your Offer Claim Submission. "

;)

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine got rejected. It said "Your location code is invalid" and asked me to try again. Huh???

I have a S7 Edge ordered directly with Verizon Wireless.

What location code do you guys have on your packing slip? Mine shows W211501.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine got rejected. It said "Your location code is invalid" and asked me to try again. Huh???

weird, when i submitted my AT&T claim it didn't ask for any location code, just the IMEI, the MAC ID and the receipt.

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It only asked for IMEI and WIFI MAC address for me too, but that's the email I got this morning (submitted the request yesterday). The website itself never asked for a Location Code, but that's the reason that was given for the rejection.

VERIZON FOLKS: Let me know what you other Verizon folks have on your packing slip for Location Code so I can ask Verizon why mine is different (or, if it's the same, why I got rejected)

Thanks!

-------- Summary of all codes provided so far --------
hksscom: W211501 (3/4/16 Order date, vzw.com) - REJECTED as "Invalid Location Code"
weirdohappy: P175401 (2/24/16 Order date, vzw.com)
eddiechi: N832411 (3/2/16 Order date)
ClintRo: P175401 (2/27/16 Order date, vzw.com)

Last edited:

DonnyD520

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
so i have a doubt which receipt do you guys submitted ? photo of the one that comes with the phone or email screen shot? att

i did a screenshot of my email from tmobile. i wasnt sure if that would work or not, so i emailed the customer service for that promo site. they replied and said it will be acceptable

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine came with the phone. Ordered direct from Samsung UK. I've not tried it yet lol! Loving the phone though.

Bill_E1

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Keep your shirts on guys. Getting your Netflix code should be a good indicator as to when your Gear VR when will ship. 4-6 weeks usually means 4-6 weeks.

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Keep your shirts on guys. Getting your Netflix code should be a good indicator as to when your Gear VR when will ship. 4-6 weeks usually means 4-6 weeks.

Right, but they give an April date for redeeming some of the stuff, so a confirmation would be great.

Mine is under review since the day the promotion went live.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

with prizelogic running the show 4-6 weeks could also mean they denied your claim for whatever reason and just never bothered to tell you.

while checking in less than 2-3 weeks is pointless, i'd start checking the status page around the 4 week mark if you don't hear anything to make sure things are going smoothly.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
It only asked for IMEI and WIFI MAC address for me too, but that's the email I got this morning (submitted the request yesterday). The website itself never asked for a Location Code, but that's the reason that was given for the rejection.

VERIZON FOLKS: Let me know what you other Verizon folks have on your packing slip for Location Code so I can ask Verizon why mine is different (or, if it's the same, why I got rejected)

Thanks!

Not sure if this is helpful but this is the code I got last year when I ordered a phone online straight from verizonwireless.com: E248201

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is helpful but this is the code I got last year when I ordered a phone online straight from verizonwireless.com: E248201

Thanks, but hopefully somebody who didn't get rejected will respond here with their code. The good news though is that Samsung responded within 24 hours to my submission.

Did anybody else get rejected by Verizon due to "Location code"?

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

Thanks!

P175401

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

Another possibly unhelpful comment but are you sure you scanned your receipt so the location code comes through clearly? These may be OCR scanned by automation tools, I suspect they don't have humans look at each receipt. Same thing goes for my stupid health insurance when I send claims in by fax, sometimes they misinterpret someone's handwriting and it gets rejected. Did they actually repeat back to you in the rejection email what the invalid location code was?

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Another possibly unhelpful comment but are you sure you scanned your receipt so the location code comes through clearly? These may be OCR scanned by automation tools, I suspect they don't have humans look at each receipt. Same thing goes for my stupid health insurance when I send claims in by fax, sometimes they misinterpret someone's handwriting and it gets rejected. Did they actually repeat back to you in the rejection email what the invalid location code was?

Hi, no comment/suggestion is unhelpful. I am very appreciative of the feedback you have provided because it helps point in directions I may not have considered before. In regards to OCR, you may be right. The email I got back did not mention anything about the code on my packing slip. But before I take another picture and re-submit, I am going to call Verizon first and ask about it. I wouldn't want to get rejected a second time and lose my chance in getting the promotion.

I will wait a few more days to see if anybody else will share what Location Code their packing slip says, and whether theirs match mine or weirdohappy's. Thanks, all

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi, no comment/suggestion is unhelpful. I am very appreciative of the feedback you have provided because it helps point in directions I may not have considered before. In regards to OCR, you may be right. The email I got back did not mention anything about the code on my packing slip. But before I take another picture and re-submit, I am going to call Verizon first and ask about it. I wouldn't want to get rejected a second time and lose my chance in getting the promotion.

I will wait a few more days to see if anybody else will share what Location Code their packing slip says, and whether theirs match mine or weirdohappy's. Thanks, all

Order Date: 03/02/2016
Location Code: N832411

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Order Date: 03/02/2016
Location Code: N832411

Thank you, eddiechi. I've summarized my original post with the following info. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

hksscom: W211501 (3/4/16 Order date) - REJECTED as "Invalid Location Code"
weirdohappy: P175401
eddiechi: N832411 (3/2/16 Order date)

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered through Sprint Customer Service and was told the VR would ship sometime after the phone. My phone came yesterday (delayed one day due to storms) and the VR came with it. Didn't even have a shipping notification for the VR but definitely not complaining. No time to play with it yet so it's still in the box.

Posted via AC App from my Galaxy S7 Edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45